Monday, September 4, 2017

$30 Palettes, Nyx???

So a couple of days ago I posted about a series of element-themed palettes Nyx was releasing. Like any reasonable person would, I predicted that they would cost about $10-$15, the current going rate of many Nyx palettes.

Looks like I was wrong.

Today,Nyx announced that the palettes were going for Thirty. Dollars. And people were not happy.

When questioned about it, Nyx basically said that the quality and amount of shades justified it.

Noooooo. Wrong. BS.

First, they want to talk about amount of product? The palettes look small.

Second, quality? Based on the finger swatches floating around the internet, you can't possibly make a call about quality based on them.

If Colourpop can make a really nice palette, with lots of shades and good quality for $16, then so can Nyx.

However, the core issue is brand identity. Most people are annoyed because Nyx is drugstore, and should be more affordable. I think they definitely are one of the more expensive budget brands, for sure. But I don't think even the more expensive budget brands would have the audacity to release an eyeshadow palette for $30.

We'll see how this goes. I am thinking there will be many buy one get one free/half-off situations, any way to move stock without having to own up to inflating the prices of their makeup.

Personally, I am really disappointed in Nyx, and though I just did a brand best and worst post, I am not going to buy their products for a while, if at all. It's not worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig