Thursday, September 21, 2017

September Ipsy 2017

My September Ipsy bag is due to arrive this Monday, but I would thought I'd once again go over the products and what my hopes/expectations are for each of them.

I am also getting an additional sixth product in my bag, which I redeemed some points for, so I will include that as well.

I've been using the items in this bag for a couple of days now, and I have some thoughts! Overall, I think that this was probably one of the best months for me!  


1. The bag: I've been loving the bag designs recently. For me, the worst bag of all time had to be that blue denim with orange lining they did once..in February. This September is really busy for me, work-wise, so I think this utilitarian-subtle fashion thing is really fitting. I am not sure how I feel about the faux-leather, though. Any time Ipsy sends bags that are not some sort of fabric, they have a weird smell to them.

2. Color Pop Cosmetics Gloss in Ipsy VIP: Not going to lie, I got a real kick out of getting a ColourPop product, and an exclusive one at that. Still, the color is not really me, though I do think it can be flattering. I plan to just use thin coats of this to just get  a hint of color.
My prediction came true! I love this gloss so much. Not sticky, and though the color can become very bright and opaque, if I use just a little bit, it adds a nice amount of color. This one was a real winner!

3. LXMI Pore Refining Moisture Veil. I am definitely curious about this product, partly because I genuinely don't know if I can use it as a primer or moisturizer, or both. Primer and moisturizer are basically the same, just one goes on before makeup and one goes on after. I have a feeling this is supposed to go on makeup, due to the fact that it supposedly fills pores. I am looking forward to trying this out- I am always on the hunt for pore-blurring products that don't contain silicone.
This is an interesting product, though I am not in love with the smell.


4. Smashbox Photo Radiance Primer
The last Smashbox product ipsy sent was the primer oil, which I never used and hated the smell of. This product has mixed reviews, but I am looking forward to trying it. I have been enjoying face and lip products recently.
Not a bad product, but I don't necessarily need it. It works well mixed in with foundation. 

5. This is what I am most excited about: The White Truffle Serum in Oil Drop. I needed a new moisturizer, and I am so happy I get to try this. Yay for serums!
And again, another winner! I am very pleased with this product, especially because I have been using moisturizing creams, which I haven't really been enjoying. This serum is fast absorbing, and does an excellent job of moisturizing my skin. I plan on purchasing a full size of this after I use this up. 

5. My last two products from Pixi were a bit underwhelming, but it's hard to mess up blush. And, I don't have a blush quite that color, so I'll happily use it.
Update on the blush: It's actually quite brown-toned, which is unique in my collection, and I've been really enjoying it. 

6. Bonus item: I've been frustrated with the Ipsy points system for quite a while now, but thought at 350 points this was an okay deal. These usually go for $8.00, and I really liked the cool tone to this.
As for the balm, I am officially wary of Pixi lip products. They have a weird mineral scent to them which makes me quite nauseous. It's not as strong with this balm as it was with the one lipstick I got from them, but it is still there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig