Friday, September 1, 2017

August Favorites

The summer is finally winding down. These past two months certainly have been a wild ride when it comes to makeup.

I will say that I did spend money on makeup this summer, as well as on an acrylic organizer for my palettes, brushes, and some miscellaneous products. Maybe I will make a makeup organization post down the road.

Anyway, today I will wrap up the month of August by reviewing some of my most-used makeup this month!

Favorites

  • Too Faced Hangover RX Primer. I've been using it every day, though I think it is more of a moisturizer, if anything. Still, I like it a lot. 
  • Milani Eyeshadow Primer. I solemnly swear I will never buy another high-end primer. There is no need. 
  • Shades from the Modern Renaissance palette: Realgar, Venetian Red, and Red Ochre. In one of my eyeshadow files posts, I talked about how I am opening up to using these, especially as I feel my eyeshadow technique get a little better. This definitely held true this month. None of these shades have dips in them, but they will eventually. 
  • Primer Cocktail of Pixi Skintreats Makeup Fixing Mist and Wet 'n Wild Setting Spray. This was a stroke of genius, I feel. 
  • The Tarte Pro to Go Palette: Though I have a z-palette full of shimmers, as well the newly acquired Milani Must Have Metals Palette, I've just been reaching for the Pro to Go instead. I've been getting a lot of use from it, and find the bronze and purple shimmer shades to be complex and interesting. I keep reaching for this over everything in my collection.
  • Physician's Formula Butter Bronzer in light: I have definitely been making use of this daily, sweeping it around my hairline and temples. Subtle enough that I don't have to be afraid of making myself orange. 
  • Fyrinnae Blush, Mesmerize. Now, I have definitely been gearing towards warm eyeshadows and face products, but the blush I preferred this summer is actually cool toned. Mesmerize is a purple-toned blush, that not only cools down my face, but also provides a really pretty complement to all the warmth.  I bought a sample size of this, and will probably repurchase. 
  • Nyx Blush in Taupe: I returned to this after giving my cream contour stick in Proton a break, because it was a little too light for me, and I did not feel like applying cream products to my face. I am sure this will change when winter comes back.
  • Simple Eye Makeup Remover. Okay, I was so so skeptical of this product when I saw it in stores. However, for me, it is now essential. I used to wake up with puffy or swollen eyes because my miscellar cleansing wipes could not break down the products on my eyes. I hate how small the packaging is, though, and I know I will go through this very quickly. But still, this is a really helpful and effective product. 
Mehs
  • Ziaja Goat's Milk Night Cream: Now this is a rich, moisturizing cream. But when I first used this, I put A LOT on my face, including my neck. Mistake. The smell was very soapy and unappealing to me. When I use a moderate amount of the product, and avoid applying it to my neck, the smell is not a problem. However, I also do want to moisturize my neck as well so I am at an impasse of sorts.
Misses
  • The Milani Cream Contour Stick and Cream Highlight duo. I tried really hard with this one. And it was expensive!! But I just have products I like more that I feel work better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig