Friday, August 3, 2018

Weekly Makeup Ramblings

Hello!

It's been a minute here on my blog, and to be honest I have not been that motivated to post. This week I feel like my eyes needed a break from makeup, so I have not been packing too much product on them this week.

Still, I have been using makeup, and I thought I would give my thoughts on recent things in the beauty world. I do have a Beauty Bookmarks in the works, as well.

1.) The Norvina Palette. I still hate my swatch post and intend to redo it. On the whole, though, for the couple of weeks I have been using it, I have been really enjoying it, and really like how it goes with my other products and singles. The shimmers are actually quite distinct from each other and each clearly serve their own purpose, which was one of my main concerns before buying the palette. I love Wild Child, even though it is frustratingly sheer, and I plan to look into bubblegum pink shimmers from indie brands as soon as I pan it.

The mattes are great, but I will say that for me, I keep my looks pretty basic- 1-2 colors in the crease, 1 on the lid, etc. I am just not talented and physically incapable (given my protruding eyes) of doing complex cut creases. So for me, this is a really lovely and high quality palette, excellent for cooler-toned looks, and easy enough to use.

2.) Foundation. I have stopped using foundation all over my face this past week, because I can't stand it. It is way too hot for that, and weirdly enough my skin has been feeling dry lately. So, I take my moisturizer with SPF, mix it in with a couple of drops of foundation, and that's it. Concealing under the eyes etc etc is out of the question.

3.) GLOSS. Lip gloss. I have been wearing lip gloss all week, and I love it- specifically ones with bits of visible shimmer in it. I bought three from the Wet 'n Wild Zodiac collection (review coming soon), the Pixi Lip Icing gloss, as well as an indie one from Silk Naturals, and have been pleased with all of them.

4.) Highlighter. I have really really been in the mood for pink highlighters lately. I think pink in general has been a big obsession. My love for Becca Lilac Geode is unfailing, but I want to also start using The Sweetest Bling by Wet 'n Wild, again.

5.) TV. I don't really watch TV in the conventional sense, just a lot of YouTube and Netflix. I have caught up completely to the BBC crime show Shetland, which is currently filming their fifth season, and I can't wait. I am also back to re-watching Absolutely Fabulous, because that show is a masterpiece. Truly.

6.) Drama? Does anyone else think by collaborating with Rich Lux, Jeffree Star is controlling what kinds of videos Rich makes? Did Rich ever address this? Because so far, since their collab (which I did not see) he's made videos on people that J* has had tiffs with, like Huda. But is he ever going to make a video ON J* ever again? Or does RL feel beholden unto J* for a boost in supscreebers? Inquiring minds want to know.

SO, that's it for now! I do have some reviews in store, so stay tuned :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig