Friday, August 10, 2018

Local Ulta Opening + Haul

So today was a bit of an event. It was the opening of a local Ulta, and so many people just flocked there. I swatched a whole bunch of things, some of which had never been swatched before, so naturally I have some thoughts.

I also bought a couple of things.

Let's first go into what I swatched like a madwoman. Honestly, if the store wasn't so crowded, I probably would not have been so brazen about it, and probably would have limited the number of things I swatched.

1.) Mac

The Mac section of the store was super intense and professional-feeling. I swatched the highlighting trios in the square pans. The powders were silky and gave off a gorgeous and smooth sheen. It is no wonder why the palettes are so highly rated (and pricey).

The new Dazzle something liquid eyeshadows- I swatched an iridescent glitter, which was very pretty but took rather long to dry down, as well as a metallic warm pink, which dried fairly quickly and did not budge on my hand. I am strongly considering buying those in the future. For me, my eyes tend to react better to liquid eyeshadows with a metallic finish, such as the pink shade, and not to glitter toppers, which contain larger particles of glitter which seem to irritate my eyelids.

2.) Stila

I swatched a green eyeshadow duo, as part of their line of jewel tone duos. It was fine, but I don't really understand the functionality of this line. Basically the same tone of color with slightly different finishes? I wasn't blown away by the pictures of this product, and was less impressed by them in person.

Liquid eyeshdow- Sea Siren and another pink shade I cannot recall. Sea Siren was gorgeous, a cool pink with a blue-lavender shift. It is an Ulta exclusive, and I would strongly suggest purchasing that in the future.

Additionally, I swatched the putty highlighter in the iridescent shade. I was just curious about the texture of the product really. It is soft, but still powdery feeling, if that makes sense. The shade was quite pretty.

3.) Becca x Chrissy Teigen highlighting powder. I don't really care about Becca as a company anymore, but the powder was pretty. But of course it would be.

4.) Morphe 350 Palette Shimmer. One blogger I read commented that Morphe's shimmers are really good, but when I swiped my finger across a gold one (the palette that had not been previously swatched) the pay-off was barely there. It required more pressure from me, but at that point I had already moved on.

5.) Makeup Revolution- Various Palettes including the Chocolate Bars and SophX Collab. Okay, Makeup Revolution is the winner for me. The palettes were way better than I expected. I am extremely likely to purchase something from them in the future. Especially from that SophX palette- I swatched a pink matte and a green shimmer- and both would not rub off my hand.

6.) The shimmer and glitter from the Ulta Melissa Michelle collab palette. They were extremely chunky. A pass from me.

7.) The L'Oreal Paradise Enchanted palette. I should have swatched the mattes, as those are harder to formulate, but as I cannot resist shiny things I swatched two coppery shimmers. They were surprisingly opaque. The palette also has a distinct peach smell, which even though it was artificial, it was not unpleasant.

What I almost got:

The Laura Geller Gilded Honey highlighter mini, for $15. Couldn't do it. I knew I have so many highlighters already, but I was so close!

What I actually got:


From left to right, I got the Goodbye Blemish Liquid Patch from I Dew Care, the Essence Ultra Last Instant Color lipstick in So Ungreytful, and the Essence Volume Booster lash primer. Reviews for each product are on their way, but as a whole I am pleased with what I purchased.

The only little disappointment is that the Ulta does not carry BH Cosmetics, but I hope they will eventually. It was really cool seeing it on its opening day. Everyone- associates and customers alike- were super excited.

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig