Thursday, August 16, 2018

Does the Modern Renaissance expire?

We're going to talk about the Modern Renaissance, I palette that I bought in August 2016. So, two years ago to the day. As you may or may not know, the palette has a shelf life of 6 months. After which, the quality of the shadows may be affected. This short shelf-life is due to the ingredients.

Now, I can't speak for everyone's experience. But I can show you swatches of the four colors that many claim have "turn bad," as a sign that the palette has "gone bad."

Before I do, I don't think fear-mongering is the right approach. If you sanitize your powder products, and they do not smell or affect your skin, they can last a good amount of time. In terms of the feel of these red-toned colors in particular, they have become grittier, but I find they perform pretty much the same.

Have they turned brown? No.

Here are the brush swatches.

Red Ochre, Venetian Red, Love Letter, Realgar

And the finger swatches:
Red Ochre, Venetian Red, Love Letter, Realgar
The colors are still pretty vibrant and distinct. In my opinion, Red Ochre and Venetian Red became more sheer than I remember, but if anything it makes it easier to work with.

To wrap up. Yes, makeup changes a bit the longer you have it. Just take care of it and use your own discretion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig