Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Favorite Shade from my Palette Collection (tag)

Hi everyone!

There is this tag going around that I thought is quite fun. Basically, it's my favorite shade in each palette that I own. What I think is quite cool is that people are swatching each of these shades next to each other to see what kind of "color story" emerges.

We're going to do that, too! For this I am using my big palettes as well as my small quads.

First row of shades:

From left to right:

1.) WnW, Not a Basic Peach Palette, Transition Shade #2. This shade can be found at the bottom of the palette. This is a very warm matte brown that probably can be found in so many other palettes, it is still my favorite.  Something about the pigmentation and formulation about this shade is far superior than the other shades in the palette, and really help create looks with more depth. 

2.) Tarte Pro to Go, Boss. This is a really fascinating color with somewhat of a shift.  It reminds me of a more brown-toned Ardency Inn Rose Gold pigment. I don't wear this as often as I should. 

3.) Physician's Formula Classic Nudes, Matte #2. This was a very underrated release, and in the palette, this shadow looks a lot darker than it is. The formula for this quad is extremely easy for me to work with, and I love the slight olive tone to this matte brown. 

4.) Too Faced PBJ palette, Peanut Butter. The depth and opacity for me is perfect, and Peanut Butter is an excellent, easy to use shade to infuse warmth into a look. As a whole, that palette still excites me and I still really enjoy using it. 


5.) BH Cosmetics Zodiac Palette, Leo Shimmer. This is the perfect purple-pink frost that I am obsessed with. For some reason I feel like this cool-toned pink/purple is very elusive, and the quality of the metallic shades in this palette are much different than what I am used to from BH Cosmetics. In the past, the baked shadow formula was a bit dry and loose, but these do have a creamier, wetter consistency. 

6.) BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette, shadow #?? One thing I noticed is that this palette was able to include a lot of very trendy shades, including this rose-brown. It is more pink the Buon Fresco from ABH, and I just think this particular color captures the aesthetic of the palette itself. It also is a really lovely color and shadow.

7.) BH Cosmetics Take Me Back to Brazil Palette. This is a pressed pigment shadow this is nearly neon, and is a bright yellow that leans a little green. My eye goes immediately to that color. The way I use it is above the crease, blending it in with a more brown and neutral transition color.


8.) Coloured Raine Queen of Hearts Palette in Crown. This is a white duochrome that flashes gold and pink. I accidentally mixed in some of that neon shade from the Back to Branzil palette. In real life, it does not have that slightly yellow tone. Out of all the gorgeous mattes and shimmers in that palette, I never would have predicted that my favorite and most used shade would be this, but I can't help it. It goes well with all my shadows, and it is one of the few shades that I prefer to have in the inner corner of my eye. 

9.) ABH Modern Renaissance in Realgar. To me, this is one of the defining shades of the MR. It is an orange toned brown matte, and it gives beautiful depth to any warm toned look.

10.) ABH Norvina, Rose Gold. I mean....just look at that. For me, though I do have many rose-gold shades, this is the only one in my collection that leans a bit cooler, being a true rose. That distinction is what makes this shade so beautiful to me. 

Overall, it is clear that I love warm tones, but ....not when it comes to pink. All of the pink shades in this post lean cool, which I think is so interesting. And I do enjoy mixing warm and cool shadows together. 

I am very surprised that I didn't pick any golds, but now that I think about it, my favorite golds are all singles. It is possible that none of the palettes I own have a gold tone that outranks all the other shadows in the palette. 

If you have any of these palettes, do we have the same shade? Let me know your thoughts! 

Thanks for reading! ❀◕ ‿ ◕❀


No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig