Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Brands I Plan to Try This Year

This is a bit of a wish-listy post that is different than my usual ant-haul spiel. I've just been seeing a lot of affordable brands come out with truly interesting products and I plan to sample from them.

Of course, this means buying and expanding my palette collection, which I don't know if I necessarily want to do. Of course, if any of these brands decides to start putting out singles, I wouldn't mind, either.

1.) Makeup Revolution. I am swayed. After swatching the Soph X Palette and reading reviews on their Chocolate Bar palettes (a line that is continually added to in new and fun ways), I am resolved to try them. Right now the products I specifically have my eye on can be found in Ulta, but I've seen some Makeup Revolution products in TJ Maxx. Go figure.

2.) Juvia's Place. I have been low-key (beautuber voice) obsessed with the Douce for a while, but...that mint green. One, I already have it, and two, I don't use it. If they come out with another mini palette with the smaller pans, which I am sure they will, I will gladly buy it.

3.) Bad Habit Beauty. I know many people are divided on the "ethics" of mimicking or duping palettes. But the thing is. I was never going to buy Natasha Denona anyway. I was never going to buy Pat McGrath anyway. In the case of ABH, the Mario palette is long gone. So I really do appreciated Bad Habit making these things- that I NEVER would have tried otherwise- available to me.

Temptalia reviewed recently one the palettes they made that dupes Pat McGrath's Subliminal palette. The price difference between the two is $101.00. Ell oh ell. And though she gave the BHB palette a C- total, the most interesting colors for me scored in the B range, and are listed as the top dupes (in a very short list) for the PMcG palette. So. yeah, I do intend on trying a palette from them in the future. Probably one that dupes another higher brand.

So that's my short list! Have you got any products from these brands? If so, what are your thoughts?

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig