Thursday, August 30, 2018

I'm Not Going to Buy the White Peach Palette (dupe post)

But first let me preface this. There are some products out there that just stick with you, even if you've never bought it. Something about that product is like an earworm and you just can't, like Kylie Minogue, get it out of your head.

And I am ashamed to admit, but mine was the Too Faced White Peach palette, made even more alluring with it's discounted price of $22.

Let's look at it, m'kay?



Much of criticism this palette drew was due to the fact it so clearly pandered to lighter skin tones, all while being pretty same-y.

So what is my deal with this?

The color scheme are colorss that I know suit me. There are actually a lot of cool tones in this palette, which is interesting. And there is something calming about the color scheme of this palette- in the way that weighted blankets, oatmeal, and Law and Order, are calming to me.

But I am going to dupe it. Because I can. And because I don't need this palette.

Here we go. From left to right, top to bottom:

1.) Peach Cream: Light warm cream. I've got something from Colourpop (CP).
2.)Peach Suede: A warm-toned pink. I've got Love from the Norvina palette (ABH).
3.) Peaches and Dreams: From the swatches, this is like the most tepid light orange shimmer I have ever seen in my life. It kind of have a slight duochrome quality to it? I am going to go with Rapunzel Had Extensions from Fyrinnae, though RHE packs so much more of a punch.
4.) Creme de la Peach: Temptalia did not have a swatch for this, which is weird. But it looks like a super light matte orange. I would go with two from Coastal Scents on this one- either Tangelo Tint or Pumpkin Pie.
5.) Peach Sorbet: This is such a nothing shade, though, I am kind of at a loss. Like a very light peach. I...don't know yet.
6.) Glistening Peach: This pigment- the pink and gold duochrome- has been everywhere lately. It is in the Jaclyn Hill palette, a Hude palette, and it is in the Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette, which is the shade I am using.
7.) Peach Smoothie: A very light cool pink. The BH Cosmetics Take Me Back to Brazil has some that might work, but I am going to actually use a Covergirl quad for this one.
8.) Sweet Fig: Buon Fresco from Modern Renaissance.
9.) Peach Ice: A white shimmer. I would use for mine Soft Gold from ABH.
10.) Fuzzy:  A cool light brown
11.) Off the Grill: A warm black. Can be found anywhere.
12.) The "diamond"of the palette, a purple shimmer with a blackened base. Celestial by ABH, in the Norvina palette.




Thoughts?

So much redundancy in this palette my head is spinning a bit. If you have the Carli Bybel Palette or the Norvina palette or even the Jaclyn Hill palette or Huda you have this palette, k? There is no need to spend any amount on it. So hopefully this cured by strange obsession with this palette, and yours too, if applicable.


No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig