Monday, August 20, 2018

Random Face Trios! (Day 1)

To get more use out of my single-compact products, I decided- through a ramdomizer- to sort and select one highlighter, blush, and bronzer, to do a look with. I could have done this for eyeshadow too, but I wanted my eyeshadow look to be inspired by the face products that were selected.

I thought this would be a good way to decide what I like about each product, as well as how they work together.

So, the three face powders I will be using are:

1.) Tarte Blush Feisty, described as a "golden nude," which doesn't seem quite right. Going off of my swatch, it seems to be a bright peach leaning pink.

-Initial thoughts: I've never actually used this since getting in an Ipsy bag a few months ago, and I am glad it was picked, as I am curious about this formula and the color.

-After applying it: This is a very natural looking, easy to use blush. It is a bit sheerer than I would have preferred, but for daily use

2.) Hard Candy Party Girl Baked Bronzer. This is a rose-brown bronzer with a luminous finish.

-Initial thoughts:  I have reviewed it here. I really like this bronzer, but I tend to use it as a combination blush-bronzer. I am not too sure how it's going to work with the Tarte blush. That's a lot of pink.

-After applying it:
It did work well with the blush, though I thought it was still a bit too warm for the bronzer. However, it was very subtle on the skin and I can see why these blushes seem to last forever.

3.) Revlon Color Charge Highlighter.

-Initial thoughts: I am kind of glad this one was picked because the bronzer is so luminous. This highlighter is not too intense, so I am hoping that these three products combined will create a flushed glowing look.

-After applying it: it wore a lot more golden than pink on the skin, which I was impressed with. I still really like this highlighter, even though Revlon and the collection it was a part of was a bit of a fail imo.


Pictures and swatches of the face products:


Feisty, Party Girl, Revlon highlighter


Would I wear this combo again?

I would wear the highlighter and the blush together again, but leave the Hard Candy Bronzer out. I am still of the firm belief it is good worn on its own, for very natural looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig