Monday, August 6, 2018

Wet 'n Wild Zodiac Lipgloss in Cancer, Virgo, and Pisces: Review and Swatches

The lipgloss train keeps on rolling! For $2.39 each, I picked up these three really pretty glosses from Wet 'n Wild. Gloss is making a comeback, and drugstores are making glosses with visible shimmer (my own little obsession) readily available.

The first shade I'll talk is Cancer. I felt compelled to buy this one because that is my sign, though I was skeptical. In the container, it just looks white. However, the gloss is actually much more complex, interesting, and flattering than that. It is a white-pink duochrome, with a slight golden sheen. When you apply it to the lips at first, you can see the white transform into a pearly pink. It's quite interesting! As the gloss wears down, you are left with a slightly milky pearly pink tint on your lips.

I did not think Cancer was going to be flattering, but I have been reaching for this gloss all week.

Pisces, Cancer, Virgo


Virgo, Cancer, Pisces
The next shade we can talk about is Pisces. Pisces is a very sheer pink gloss with loads of pink, purple, gold, and orange shimmer. The shimmers are especially visible in the out of focus, dark photo below.

Though it contains a lot of shimmer, the particles do not feel gritty on the lips, and wear easily. This gloss leaves a slight pink tint on the lips, with of course, a shimmer. Something about the final look on the lips is delicate but glamorous.


Finally, we have Virgo, the most pigmented gloss of this trio. It has a red-brown sheer base with green and silver shimmers. To me, it feels more appropriate for Fall, but I have been enjoying it. It has a more frosty effect than Pisces, but it is still very shimmery.

 These have a good wear time for glosses, 1-2 hours. They are a very light, slippery, but not oily or sticky formula.

They keep the lips from getting dry, but I wouldn't say they are necessarily moisturizing.




Overall, I am very impressed with these glosses, and would highly recommend them. I don't see myself getting anything else from this collection, though. I have enough face and eye powders. I do hope Wet 'n Wild continues making interesting and beautiful products like this.

Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig