Wednesday, May 23, 2018

TMO: The Lemonade Palette by Christen Dominique Cosmetics

Hello everyone! Today I thought I'd bring you a TMO of the Lemonade Palette by Christen Dominique Cosmetics, as the image of the interior of the palette was released today.

For reference, this was the last release of CDC, the Latte Palette:

While the quality of the shadows were reputed to be decent, the color story was a bit bland and repetitive. Many people were looking forward to the Lemonade Palette, with the assumption that it would be summery, bright, and more varied in terms of color. 

This is the palette:

I can see about three colors that repeat: the light peachy cream shade, the deep burgundy shade, and the orange brown. 

While I think this palette is a better than, say, the Tarte Aspyn Ovard palette, the most immediate criticism I can draw is the fact that this is called the Lemonade Palette, but there are no actual Lemonade shades. This might as well be called the Summer Sweets palette, because it's surprisingly, in terms of shimmer shades, a bit washed out. 

I don't doubt that people could make pretty looks with this. But in terms of what is unique about it- I am not really sure. These palettes are $42, so it is important to consider what a person is actually willing to pay that money for. 

While I like the fact that this palette seems to have a balance of warm and cool, I think marketing it as a Lemonade Palette is a little confusing. I think the palette offers some easy ways to incorporate color into a look, but I think even more could have been offered- Strawberry, Peach, Lemon Soda, and Pink Lemonade seem to be very frosty, even the green one, so I wonder exactly how vivid these colors will be, and how distinct, on different skin tones. 

After owning the Eyes Cream palette from Dose of Colors, as well as three BH Cosmetics palettes, I know I personally have no need for this in my collection. 

Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig