Saturday, May 12, 2018

Challenge: Using a Color I Hate

So I hate blue eyeshadow. I always have. My skin is pretty cool-toned, but my wheelhouse has always been warm-toned shadows. They look pretty good on me.

Why, then, would I buy Lakeshore from Coastal Scents? It is popular shade for Coastal Scents, because it is pigmented and a duochrome- a murky blue with gold reflect. So I bought it, knowing full well I am not drawn to blue.

Until today.

I thought- there has to be a cheat. There has to be a way I can make blue eyeshadow work.

Let me take you through my process. And we will see if I was successful.

 I first used two shades from the Wet 'n Wild Not a Basic Peach palette. I put the transition shade- a slightly yellowed cream- all over the brow and crease. I then took the white satin and generously applied it all over the inner corner- even on the browbone- area. I actually thought this look was quite cool and would be perfect for a no-makeup look. But I kept going.


With Tangelo Tint, from Coastal Scents, I blended this out with a large fluffy blush in the crease. This looks very intense in the pan, but is actually quite sheer when applied. 


Another crease color! This is Crisp- an orange brown matte from Tarte. This was blended into the crease, along with...


Realgar from ABH, because it was not warm enough!!!

Lakeshore was applied in the inner third of my lid, and blended out with the green foil from BH Cosmetics. 

This is the final look:



Do I love it? Picture-wise, it's kind of cool. It looks like a sunset. In person though, in regular light, I don't feel this look is all that exciting or flattering. I wish I just made the whole thing matte.

So. I tired to be clever, and make a look that would balance out the blue with a whole lot of warmth. But I don't really like the final product. I still don't think blue is for me. Oh well.

(maybe as one color all over the lid???)

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig