Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Colourpop Singles and Reviews

Hi all! My Colourpop single collection is relatively small, but (somewhat) carefully curated and well-research. Besides Coastal Scents, CP is the brand that I have the most singles from. I thought it might be useful to share with you the shades I have, as well as what I think about them! (All pictures can be enlarged by clicking on them)







This shade is Team Captain, a dark matte olive green. It goes on a bit patchy, but is a mostly smooth powder that I use on the outer corner of my eye. I am still getting the hang of greens, so I have not used it as much as I could. Still, I do think the formula is difficult to work with, and I do wonder if there are better olive greens on the market.





The cream shade is called Hear Me Out. I bought this because I was missing Tempera from the Modern Renaissance palette terribly. I didn't think I would, but here we are. It doesn't have the same satin finish as Tempera, but there is something so soft about this shadow that there is an almost glossy finish to it. A lovely formula and a lovely shadow.

The coral is called Lay Low, and it has a very similar formula to Hear Me Out- also an excellent shadow and I highly recommend it.

Last is Making Moves. Like Team Captain, the formula is a little drier and a bit harder to blend out- but it plays very nicely with Lay Low. A very pigmented shadow as well.



The left-most shade here is Glass Bull. This shade is          I C O N I C for a reason. The picture doesn't capture it. It is a teal shimmer in a mauve base, that gives the eye a glossy look when used by itself. This one is a must have for a simple, almost editorial eye.

Middle shade is 20-Something. A stunning metallic, but highly flaky and needs glitter glue. I would recommend, if you have the materials to make sure this stays on the eye. I prefer it as a one-shadow look, because for me it travels over the crease and brow.

Last one is Chauffeur. It appears to be an orange shimmer, but it has a gold shift, so it looks glowing. A smooth formula, and quite pigmented. Another one I highly recommend.


So there you have it! I do intend on buying more Colourpop shadows eventually, but I really do love the colors I have now!

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig