Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Tarte's Aspyn Ovard Palette is a Joke, Right?



I mean...just look at it:
Image result for tarte aspyn ovard palette

I think if I was to make a judgement call, it would not be about the consumer. It's the company in this case. The choice of collaborator- Aspyn Ovard chose to make a warm beige palette that works for her. Unfortunately, this is so very similar to all the other palettes Tarte offers. 

Besides pretty packaging, everything is rather standard fare here. Personally, I am not a fan of highlighters and blush in palettes, because if I am going to drop money, I am not doing so for those types of products. I have them already, probably in those shades. 

Tarte is literally doing nothing new. After much scrutiny a couple of months ago for racial insensitivity and exclusivity, this was Tarte's opportunity to do something different. Just different.

And this is not it. 
How do I know? Well, these are the palettes on their site, currently for sale:



They all seem to blend together just a little bit.

Still not going to buy from Tarte.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig