Thursday, May 24, 2018

My Sort of Makeup Wishlist for Summer 2018

This post is inspired by the Innisfree Birthstone collection. I was so tempted because I love gemstones, and I love the No Sebum powder. However, my birthstone is June, and this is what I would have been getting:


So while everyone gets a cool looking gem graphic, June Pearl looks rather...bland. And I was considering buying another month, but that felt silly. It shouldn't feel silly, because it is just a superficial design, but there you go.

If I really wanted to nitpick, they could have picked Alexandrite for June. I'm not sure if it is as universally recognized as a birthstone compared to Pearl, but it is a green-red shifting stone that would look comparable to the other months and not such a dud.

Next, we have the Gemini Palette from Melt Cosmetics. Now, I have always been a little resentful of Melt Cosmetics, because they seem like a fun brand, but a tad too expensive. They came out with the Gemini Palette, and....I like it...a lot.
It is definitely different from everything I have so far, and everything that I have seen in a while. I like the warm greens, and I would need to swatches first to make sure the shimmers are unique. if that's the case, I could definitely see myself getting this as a birthday present. To me.

The next item is not technically on my wishlist, but rather on here due to sheer confusion:
So this is a Becca palette, cosplaying as an Hourglass palette. Here Becca has ditched its singular round pan design in favor of a beveled, baked looking powders, in the form of a face palette. Limited Edition Becca Face (not eye) palettes are usually good, but I just don't think it looks unique. The swirled blush kind of looks interesting, but its one of the smaller sized products.

Lastly, the next item is a palette that I just think is pretty.
This is the Summer Vibes palette from Give Me Glow Cosmetics. The problem with this palette is that I have been basically curating a palette like this for the past year and a half. Aside from the blues, I pretty much have these colors. I also think there's a tad too many beige shimmers in there. I know I personally don't need this, but if the price and quality is right I could see how this would be a fun palette for many.

So, that's it for now!

Oh, I forgot to mention. I bought this contraption on Amazon last night because I am weak of spirit:

Eyeliner Stamp – WingLiner by Vogue Effects Black, waterproof, smudgeproof, winged long lasting liquid eye liner pen, Vamp style wing, No Dipping required. 2 Pens (8mm Petite)

I get it on Saturday. We shall see....

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig