Saturday, May 12, 2018

Wet 'n Wild Megalo Highlighting Powder White Raven: Review and Swatches

The Goth-o-graphic collection from Wet 'n Wild came out a few months ago, but the highlighters were being sold (in a very sneaky way, full price but in the clearance section) just now. I decided to buy White Raven, because the other shade, Purple Ashes, seemed very sparkly and gray.

The powder cost $4.98, and contains the standard 5.4 g of product. Currently, it is still on sale on the Wet 'n Wild website.

Onto the pics!





What is interesting to note that this applies better on the face with my fingers than a brush. With a brush, very subtle and teeny bits of sparkle are visible, but you get a more intense, pigmented look by dabbing this on with a finger. Looking at the above picture, you can see how the powder looks a bit chunky, which is why smoothing over with a finger rather than a brush creates a better look, for me. 


My lighting is not the best here, but the color itself is a blue-toned purple, with an almost pink shift. It's very hard to describe and capture on the camera, but it does capture light in a unique way on the face.




My skin is very pink, despite me wearing foundation. The blue/purple toned shift to the sheen on my face looks subtle, but it a lot more apparent in person, and in movement.


All in all, I really like powders like these because they make a look special, but they don't ruin it or dominate the face. I intend to keep using this, and I think it does have a place in my collection.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig