Friday, May 4, 2018

Physician's Formula Butter Palette: Review and Swatches

Hello!!

I have a lot of thoughts about the new Butter Palette from Physician's Formula. What prompted me initially was the idea of having high quality face products in my collection that also came with a fragrance, all for less than the price of one of these full size individual products. At Walmart one can purchase this for $12, but because my Walmart always seems behind with these releases, I bought it off the PF website for $14.50. Not in love with that price difference, but whatever. I was excited.

So how did I fare with this palette?

1.) Fragrance: I enjoy the coconut smell of this- it's not as creamy and sweet as my Lavanilla Vanilla Coconut Rollerball. But scent wise I think it is very similar to the scent of the Sol De Janiero Bum Bu cream product, just not as intense.  I like it.

2.) The palette itself:


  • Bronzer (light/medium): To be honest, this does not smell the same as my previous full size of the Butter Bronzer. Not only that, the powder itself seems a lot more stiff and I am not getting a whole lot of color pay off with this.
  • Natural Glow Blush. This is basically a highlighter-blush. It's pigmented enough, and can be used for a more subtle, easy glow.
  • Full Moon. This one is the winner for me, and makes everything worth it. I have never tried their butter highlighter formula before, but I was shocked when I touched this. It's creamy, but does not crumble when I press my finger lightly on top. This is a really elegant golden sheen. I thought the highlighter from BH Cosmetic's Zodiac Palette would be a color dupe, but while they are similar they are not the same. (I like the Butter Palette one better)
  • Galactic: As pretty as this one is, it is pure glitter on your face. It is a striking look, and can be pretty, but I want to use this on my eye lids as a glossy look and see what happens. I don't know how much use I'd get with it on my face. 
Can you depot?
Yes, with a depotting spatula. I already depotted the blush quite easily, but I am keeping it with the palette. 

So, let's do pros and cons, excluding the fair price of it.

Pros:
1-Limited edition highlighter shade in Full Moon is gorgeous. It glides on the skin and stays there, and does not emphasize texture. 
2- Fragrance is nice and is sure to appeal to many different preferences. 
3- If you are careful, you can depot. 

Cons:
1- This is not the same Butter Bronzer. If you buy this hoping to try the formulation of the BB, prepared to be disappointed. 
2-The blush is not really a blush, but a third highlighter shade
3- packaging is bulky
4- Galactic is highly shimmery, and I feel I could only use it on special occasions
5-packaging of cream products (open palette, no lid) might speed up drying them out.

Overall, I think this was a fun release, and though I don't agree with everything PF decided to do with it, I will happily use it this summer. 

On to the pics:


BH Zodiac Highlight (l), PF Full Moon (r)

Galactic (far right)

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig