Saturday, November 24, 2018

This Week's Z-Palette: The Pink Amber Palette

Hello hello! I decided to take inspiration from Angelica Nyqvist, who does weekly quads. To get more use out of my singles, I want to do weekly z-palettes, and then post my results. 

Of course, as I constructed this palette I already had some shades in mind, and then I really just worked around those. I ended up really liking how the names and colors went together, so I am going to call this the Pink Amber Palette.


From left to right, we have:

1.) Angel Face, Coloured Raine (CR). This is a very pale matte peach, excellent as a transition/lid setting shade. I have a considerable dip in this shade already, so my goal is to hit pan.

2.) Lay Low, Colourpop (CP). The quality of this shadow is so good, but I barely got any use out of it this summer. It is a warm leaning pink, so I think it is going to play nice with some of the oranges in this palette.

3.) Tangelo Tint Coastal Scents (CS). I very much enjoy this shade. It works really well on the skin, and provides a nice bit of brightness. I used this a lot a while ago, and am hoping to use more of it this week.

4.) Tangy Dijon, Vanessa's Vanity (VV). All the excitement I had getting this shade came out of the Subculture palette debacle. And then I didn't use it. I actually have been using more and more of it lately, but want to  be more consistent.

5.) Your Majesty, CR. This is such an intense and reflective gold shadow. Again, I don't use it enough even though it is so brassy.

6.) Doll Face, Looxi. This is a recent purchase that I have only swatched. I knew I wanted this to be in the z-palette, so I brought it Lay Low to give myself more options. This shade is a pressed pigment, with a pink base and strong gold shift, so I knew it would work well with the colors in this palette.



7.) Pumpkin Spice Life, Looxi. Another shade from Looxi that is somewhat recent but unused. It is really nice quality, too. This is a bright medium orange, brighter and a little darker than Tangelo Tint.

8.) Durty, Looxi. This one is actually a total surprise for me, in terms of quality. It is a light-medium matte brown that leans quite red-toned on the skin, and works well with a host of colors.

9.) Empress, CR. This is a very interesting and somewhat frustrating orange, because on my skin it looks very pink. I am hoping that pairing it with the other oranges in this palette will keep the look orange.

10.) Royal Prerogative, CR. A matte medium brown that blends so well.

11.) Chauffeur, CP. A shimmery orange-gold slight duochrome. Again, I made a fuss about buying this, and have yet to actually use it.

12.) Boujee, Looxi. This shade I have gotten some use out of. It's a rather insane shadow. In the pan, it looks like a regular gold shimmer, but it has a shift from red to blue/green. It definitely can make a typical neutral look more complex and interesting, and I think it fits well in the palette.

I am so excited to use this palette this week, and I will be sure to update the blog with some lewks!

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig