Thursday, November 8, 2018

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in Ivory and Fair: Review and Swatches

Good Morning friends and neighbors!

Today I thought I would talk about a product I have been using for quite some time- the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer. Now, I really do think Maybelline has some of the best drugstore lines. The Fit Me Foundation, Concealer, and the Better Skin Foundation Powder and Concealer are all excellent. Now that I think about it, Maybelline also is great with lipstick. But going back to the Fit Me Line, I have used up an entire Matte and Poreless foundation, a couple of months ago. The shade match was great. I have cool-toned light skin.

I also used up and repurchased a Fit Me Concealer, in Fair (formerly 15, but now 10).

Unbeknownst to me, Maybelline actually extended the shade range of its Fit Me line, including the concealers. I found this out yesterday, when I was looking to repurchase another concealer I used up, in Ivory (5). On Amazon, Ivory is only available for pre-order (for $10 for some reason- on Ulta, Target, and Walmart it it no more than $6.00). Then I did a bit of digging and found that Ivory is a new addition to the line.

So, I thought it would be timely to swatch and compare these two for you, in case you are in the market for them.


As I said before, Ivory is 5, and Fair USED to be 15. Now it is 10.



Swatches! I have both with flash and without. With flash, the light flashes back so it looks a bit too light. Light is on the left, and Ivory is on the right. 




In terms of the formula, I find the concealer to set fairly quickly, but not with a really dry finish like Colourpop. I love to use Maybelline Fit Me concealer for spot-concealing and redness, because the formula doesn't slip and wear away during the day. Under the eye works well too, but I do set it with powder to be on the safe side.  The formula is slightly mousse-like, and easily to build and blend, though it gives plenty of pigment in one swipe. 

Together, these concealers work well for me to also provide some highlighting on the face.

Ultimately, I heartily recommend this concealer. I've used a lot of Maybelline concealers in the past (including Better Skin and Age Rewind), and for me the color match is best with Fit Me, as well as the formula works best with my combination skin. 

For my minimal no foundation looks, these concealers are incredibly useful. 

Let me know if you have had any experience with the new shades! How are they?

Thanks for reading. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig