Friday, November 23, 2018

Surreal Makeup Swatches and Thoughts

Today an exciting order of sample products from the indie brand Surreal Makeup came in. About a week and a half ago I placed an order of a variety of samples, for $15.00- all duochrome and lovely.

I thought I would swatch the colors for you, as well as show you a look I did with one of them, and give my thoughts!


As usual, click on the pictures for full size!

Below is a pick of swatches, with no flash. From left to right (and top to bottom) we have:

Lava Dragon, Amethyst Wyrm, and Copper Dragon
Leviathan, Sea Wyvern Highlighter, and Frost Wyrm Highlighter




It was tricky getting a good picture of these shadows- they are much more intense and shiny in person. Though I am wearing Copper Dragon below on the lid, I am most excited to try Leviathan- a gold shimmer with a greeny blue shift.

The powders were easy to work with, but must be used with glitter glue. My favorite way of applying glittery shadows on top of glitter glue is not with a concealer brush, but rather a wide flat brush that has some give to the bristles. 




The rest of the shadows are from the Too Faced PB & J palette.


Overall, I am terribly impressed with these shades. I did try applying one of the highlighters and felt it went on smoothly on my skin. I will most likely purchase a full size of Copper Dragon in the future. It reminds me of Jaybird from the Laura Lee Nudes palette (which I did not buy for obvious reasons- Jaybird was literally the only thing of interest for me in that palette).

Anyway, I look forward to continuing to use these products!

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig