Wednesday, November 28, 2018

MAC Snowflushed: Review, Swatches and Pics


MAC Extra Dimension Skin Finish in Snowflushed is known to be a re-promote of Stylishly Merry 2, an eyeshadow from last holiday. However, it is marketed now as a face powder, 10 g, for $35.00. 

After being quite interested in the strong sparkly pink shift of the product, I decided to take the plunge and try a MAC holiday powder for the first time. 

Let's look at some pictures:









 The packaging is sleek and simple, albeit a bit too light-feeling. Some might say on the verge of cheap, but I don't mind too much.

Swatches were difficult to capture with my phone, as the strong pink shift tended to disappear. Some photos will appear blurry, but I needed to capture the different dimensions of the product.




My skin is quite light, so if I really pack the powder on my cheek bones the light brownish base will show. I have seen this powder on medium to dark skin tones and this product looks amazing. For me I have to use more of a light hand.

I have used this product for about a week now, and I really like how intense the shimmer is. It is a sparkly highlighter, no doubt, but the sparkle is so finely milled that I like the way it looks. It shows a little bit of texture if I pack too much on. Otherwise, though, it provides a long-wearing pink-copper shimmer on the skin.  It is a similar, delicate, complex, sort of glitter finish that I see in my Kiko Milano and Nabla single shimmer shadows.

Also, I have a shade from Looxi Beauty called Mirage, which some may consider to be a dupe, but I think they just are very similar. The pink shift is much more intense for MAC, though.

Snowflushed (l), Mirage (r)

As an eyeshadow, Looxi's formulation is more wet and dense, while MAC's powder is drier, thinner, and easier to blend out. 

Final thoughts:

I do think this is a special powder that is very unique and multi functional. I will happily continue to use it. However, I do not think I would be willing to spend $35 on a face powder any time soon, though. 

Thanks for reading!

.。*゚+.*.。(❁´◡`❁)。.。:+*

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig