Friday, November 23, 2018

Holiday 2018 Haul

Hello hello hello!

I told myself that I would avoid any Black Friday sales. Browsing the internet, even Colourpop's sales did not lure me in. However, I did make some purchases this holiday that I want to talk about.

To begin, I have been quite interested with Mac releases for some time. Though Mac has definitely fallen off the wagon in some respects, there is a quality to their releases that seems rather enduring or mythical. Though I have only experience with Mac Fix Plus and the Painterly Paint Pot, I do find interesting how Mac seemed cutting edge with colors and finishes.

One specific color and finish that caught my eye is part of their Holiday 2018 release, the Extra Dimension Skin Finish in Snowflushed.

Snow Flushed has a strong sparkly pink shift from a copper base. I only swatched it once in stores, but I was rather enchanted. I did try to stave off this purchase for as long as I could, though. I looked at my collection for any dupes- Looxi's Mirage was a potential one, but it is not sheer or thin enough to be worn as a face product.

Then I thought I would wait for the Too Faced release, because I am 99.99% sure that the Canary Diamond highlighter is a dupe. But it doesn't seem to have much of a sparkly element, which I actually want. The internet also claims that Looxi's highlighter in Goddess is a potential dupe, but I don't buy it. I have a highlighter by Looxi, and the texture and color shift is completely different.

I know this was an expensive product, but to me it was so unique and multi-functional it just spoke to me.

Last, we have an order I placed with Clionadh Cosmetics.

I have been looking for interesting matte colors I can pair with neutrals, and Colourpop just hasn't been doing it for me lately. All the colors I want are in palettes, but I don't want to buy the entire palette.

So, I went to Clionadh, which was having a sale on select products today. Some eyeshadows that normally were C$6.00 were C$4.20, which converts to almost US$3.00. With $15.00 shipping, my entire order was C$31.00, which converted to about $24.00, which then is about $6.00 for me, which is a reasonable price. So all in all, I was cool with this order. Here are the shadows I bought:

So I ordered Toasty, a mid-toned "caramel brown." This is a very common shadow in my collection, but something about it stood out to me.

Then we have Strawberry Mousse. I am most excited for this shade, primarily because of Strobe Cosmetics Creepy Cute palette. There is precisely one shade in that palette I have not found suitable dupes for, until now- Strawberry Milk. So I am very much looking forward to having this shade.

Next, we have Fantasia. I am very curious about the quality of this shadow, especially because the ones I have in my own collection could be much better in quality.

Last, we have Maize, a bright yellow. I have nothing like this in my collection.

So, that all I got for the holidays! A modest, sensible haul, I think. Reviews forthcoming.

Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig