Monday, November 12, 2018

5 Eyeshadow Combinations I'd Like to Try

I've got a quite a lot of eyeshadow. And I know there are certain looks I want to try, but I just haven't taken that extra step. So my thinking is that if I commit these thoughts to paper, I'll remember to actually try them out. Or something.


1.) Green + Brown + Gold

So, this is a look incorporating Looxi's Green Apple, a perfect shade for people who wanted the Melt Gemini palette but either could not afford it or did not need the rest of the neutral shades in the palette. So, my plan is to use the green n the crease and as a transition, then use a warm toned brown blended in the outer corner and crease, and then topped off with a gold shimmer on the lid. A perfect gold shimmer I have in mind is Looxi's Boujee, which contains blue, green, and reddish reflects.

2.) Red + Gold

More gold! This time I want to take a shimmer that is more pure gold and use a cooler toned, straightforward red (from the BH Cosmetics Take Me Back to Brazil Palette or the Athena Palette), blended with Red Ochre from Modern Renaissance. I dunno, I feel like red and gold would make a good pair.

3.) Grey Toned

So I've done this look with other colors, but recently I picked up Nabla's Wild Child, a mid-toned grey. I would like to use this as a transition, and then the dark green-toned grey from the Colourpop Good Sport palette called Trophies. I want that to me in the outer corner, and then on the lid the greyish-green shimmer in the palette called Hooked. Just for fun, I might put Licious, a yellow-gold shimmer on the inner corner if I am feeling brave, or just Vermeer from the Modern Renaissance palette, because it is a perfect inner corner shadow and I just don't use it enough.

4.) Warm Brown + Warm Purple

So I have tried to mix browns and purples together, but with not great results. However, I feel that my skills have (marginally) improved, and I have a vision, darn it! So, I just got Calypso, a warm purple shimmer, and it is gorgeous. I think using a brown transition with it would work. I've got to try.

5.) Yellow.

Speaking of monochromatic looks, I love yellow. The Good Sport palette has Trooper, a matte maize shade, and I have Tangy Dijon from Vanessa's Vanity, darker than Trooper. I could just use a light matte brown on the lid, or even

6.) Pink
Pink in the crease, Love from Norvina (warm toned) or a Covergirl Quad Pink (cool-toned) on the crease, and a burgundy on the outer corner,  and a Rose Gold on the lid. It can be either Rose Gold from the Norvina palette, Bohemian by Looxi Beauty (more red toned).

7.) Ardency Inn Rose Gold + Grey (Nabla Wild Child + Norvina Volatile)
This is not a traditional Rose Gold. This color is beautiful and multi-dimensional, and I would counter it with neutral mattes that are grey toned.

So that is my list! Maybe I can make this a menu of sorts, and see how I do during the week! So, if I am wearing a red sweater tomorrow, so I think option 2 or 3 would work best. We'll see!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig