Sunday, November 25, 2018

Five Cold Weather Faves

Even though we are getting a bit of a reprieve from this extremely chilly weather, I know that the following favorites have been helping me through the worst of it. I present to you, my cold weather faves:

1.) Cerave AM Lotion. Now, I have talked about this on the blog a lot. Even when it has not been cold out. But especially now, keeping the skin hydrated and protected is important, and the fact that it contains 30 SPF helps. Of course, I know people wear a lot more than that, but for me I feel this works.

2.) Revlon Candid Foundation, in 110 (Porcelain). This is a new purchase that I was drawn to simply because of the packaging. It comes in a pump-tube, which seems pretty smart. The shade is a hair too dark, but it is not really noticeable. The finish is really natural. Revlon claims that the foundation contains ingredients that protect against pollution and "blue light," and contains no oil parabens, or fragrance. Some have noticed that one of the ingredients is, in fact, a fragrance, but this honestly smells like nothing to me. I've been really liking this foundation, and find that it doesn't turn greasy on me at all.

3.) Burt's Bees Intensive Lip Mask. This is a new purchase, but even though I have been upping my water intake, I still feel like my lips have been super chapped. Though I recently started using this, I really like it so far. I will probably provide an update on prolonged use with it, though.

4.) Physician's Formula Butter Highlighter in Pearl. When winter hits and my skin gets drier, I look for more cream/liquid products to use, and this one takes the cake. Its got the slightest purple shift, but the overall pearl reflect looks very natural on the skin. Natural, but noticeable. On that note, PF's release from the summer- the butter highlighter in Full Moon, has been also used a lot by me this winter, for the same reasons.

5.) Glade Limited Edition Candle in Nutcracker Delight/Praline Hazelnut. Okay, I am by no means a "candle person." But since the fall hit I have purchased this candle three times, in various sizes. I will probably buy another soon in the next two weeks. This scent is part of promotion for the Nutcracker movie, which I will not be seeing. I wonder if Glade sells anything comparable to it. Anyway, this has a sweet warm scent which isn't overpowering, but definitely lingers. According to the Glade site, it has tones of: cinnamon leaf, almond butter, almond flower, hazelnut, maple water, praline, sandalwood, tonka, and buttercream. Yummy. I am someone normally very sensitive to candles and fragrances, but this one has been my favorite.

So that's it! What have your cold weather faves been?

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig