Friday, November 30, 2018

Wet 'n Wild Bloom Time: Review and Swatches

Hello! November is nearly over, and winter is soon upon us. But Wet 'n Wild is keeping the spring alive, it seems, with two new highlighter releases.

Their Megaglo Highlighter line is one of the best drugstore lines I know of. These highlighters are imprinted with a flower design, and have a mostly consistent quality.

A couple of days ago I put Bloom Time- a brand new release for the brand- on my wish list, and it just so happens I stumbled upon it at my local CVS.

As with all these powders, Bloom Time contains 5.4 g of product and costs $4.99.

This is what it looks like in the pan:


It appears to be a pale frosty light orange/peach. However, when swatched on my skin, the powder appears a lot warmer. It becomes a light warm pink with a light gold, almost silver, reflect:

  

On the left we have one swipe of the product, and then on the right it is blended out. 




Here we also have some blurry-ish photos to show the intense pale gold reflect. 

I also have comparison swatches. On the left is Precious Petals, the original shade in the line and the one with the best reported quality. In the center is Bloom Time, and to the right is Sweetest Bling, a pale cool-toned gold. 






 Precious Petals and The Sweetest Bling have excellent formulas, and I feel Bloom Time is no different.  The formula is a little powdery, but in a good way. It does not emphasize texture on the skin, and glides over my skin.

Like the other highlighters from Wet 'n Wild, Bloom Time definitely rivals my more high-end ones. I don't have anything else like it in my collection, aside from Lilac Geode from Becca, which is a touch more purple. I love that it adds a bit of color and glow to my face without being obvious. It's just really, really pretty, and makes me feel like I'm wearing the last bits of springtime sunshine.

I definitely recommend picking this one up!

Thanks for reading! (✿ ͡◕ ᴗ◕)つ━━✫・*。

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig