Thursday, July 5, 2018

Looxi Beauty Aurora Shadows (Swatches and Review)

So I guess my haul was not 100% over with. As one last hurrah, I did a bit more research into duochrome shadows, and found the brand Looxi Beauty. I picked up a couple of more work-friendly duochrome colors, for $20. Using Angelica Nyqvist's code almost covered the shipping fee that was already pretty minimal for me.

The four colors I got were:

1.) Boujee. This was the winner for me- hands down. I was not sure what the site meant that it contains all the colors of a rainbow- but after wearing and swatching it, it totally does. So on the surface, this appears to be a copper/gold with a metallic yellow reflect, but it has reflects of blue, which also shine a bit green and purple at times. On my eye it looks really elegant.

2.) Bohemian. I am kind of disappointed in this one, because it definitely reads warmer and copper on me than I would have liked. Aside from the fact that it is high quality with bits of purple microshimmer in it, I do have shades like this in my collection. That is my own fault, really, for not selecting shades carefully enough. However, it really is a gorgeous shadow and I do intend on using it.

3.) Mirage. I hate to say it, but the formulation on this one confuses me. It's not smooth, it creates a lot of fall out, and it didn't behave with Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy. I have never meet a shadow that doesn't play nice with PE! For my swatches, I have a dry finger swatch, and then on top of primer, but even then there does not seem to be much of a difference. For what it is worth, the colors are pretty, but I could not do a complex look with it- I imagine it would be good as a one-shadow color. Maybe.

4.) Charmed. This is a light lilac with blue-green reflect and is super pretty. It also wears well as a highlighter.

Swatches, and eye looks:
(l-r) Charmed, Bohemian, Boujee, Mirage


Mirage on top of WnW eyeshadow primer. Not much of a difference. 

For this look, I used Bohemian on top of Mac Paint Pot in Painterly. I regret doing this and won't do so in the future. Because the eyeshadow is so intense already, it got kind of muddy in my crease on top of Painterly. The color is super pretty, though. On me it just needs a drier base. 


The above is my eye look with Mirage. I used Wet 'n Wild eyeshadow primer, and then the Physician's Formula matte shadows to set it and deepen my crease. On top of that I used Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy, which did not agree with Mirage, which flaked a lot, and created a lot of fallout. 


I used the same process with Boujee, but as you can see, Boujee looks a lot nicer. I will be wearing this look in the future.

Final thoughts:
 Looxi has gorgeous shadows, but I need to be more careful about the formulas and shades that I choose. I do plan on picking up more in the future, though! If there are any that are in the more pink-brown-gold family that you think are worth it, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig