Sunday, July 29, 2018

Pixi x Chloe Morello Lip Icing Cake: Review and (Updated) Swatches

Today I found a product that blew me away. We are talking about a collaboration between Pixi and the beautuber Chloe Morello, a moisturizing lip products that contains glimmer and shimmer.

I have been on the hunt for lipglosses that rival more upscale brands, as well as indie brands, whose glosses contain larger, more complex particles of shimmer. For the drugstore, the most common shimmer gloss seems to be frost, or does not translate well on the lips. However, the lip icing absolutely does, and it stands apart from any gloss that I have ever tried.

According to the packaging, the product can be worn on its own, or on top of lip products. It is housed in a solid clear plastic container with the signature Pixi-green cap. The applicator is a flat doe-foot wand. You get 3.5 g of product for $14.


In the container, the product looks super interesting and complex, a reflective coppery/yellow gold/rose combination, with tons of shimmer. The gloss itself is sheer with a golden tint to it.



On the lips,  the look is a tad more subtle, but the end result is really pretty, and you do get lots of visible shimmer, which ranges from gold, pink, and even a bit of green.


There is nothing gritty about the way the product feels on the lips. For me, its consistency lies somewhere between a lip oil and a gloss. You do get a glossy finish, but the product is very moisturizing. It also lasts on the lips a good amount for a lip gloss- I would say 2-3 hours.

The scent of rosehip is present when I open the gloss, but it disappears when the gloss is applied. There is no "flavor" to the product at all, which I appreciate.

Ingredients:



 Swatches on the back of my hand with one swipe of the applicator (click for full size):






There is something really thoughtful about the way this product was designed, and I think this was an admirable collaboration. The gloss was everything I was looking for: long-wearing, moisturizing, shimmery, non-sticky, and not gritty. I think lipgloss fans will appreciate this product very much, and it has my full recommendation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig