Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Eyeshadow Palette Collection Post

Hi everyone! I was inspired to do a palette collection post. I am not going to count my two z-palettes, but rather complete, pre-made palettes.  With each palette I'll talk about how much I use it and give my thoughts on each.

The first section of palettes I am going to talk about are all from BH Cosmetics.



The Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette (top)

I have had this for one year. I have hit pan on the cream shade, and reorganized some shades from this palette by depotting two of the highlighters to put in my highlighter z-palete. Overall, this is a really easy to use palette with some excellent lid shades. It has subtle color to what could be considered neutral shades, which is what I prefer.

Where the palette falls short is just the sheer amount of highlighter/repeat shades. If she could have just stuck to an eyeshadow palette and maybe a separate highlighter palette, that would have been a lot less overwhelming and I'd want to use the palette even more.

I use this palette especially for a matte burgundy shade when I need something for the outer corner of my eye, because it is so soft and does not skip on my skin.

The Zodiac Palette (right):

My own palette is a bit of a mess because the center highlighter cracked and got everywhere. Other than that, though, I love this palette for glittery and high-shine lid shades. The mattes are of excellent quality, but I find they blend (especially the dark brown ones) little too easily, so less is more when it comes to those shades. It's a great palette, especially for the fall and winter.

Take Me Back to Brazil Palette (bottom):

This is such a fun palette but the shimmers are useless. They have no pigmentation. The reason this palette is worth anything is the mattes, which have pigment, but should be built up. In this way, for me at least, this palette is very useful for infusing colors into a look. I stick to the yellows, purples, pinks, and reds, though, and far away from the blues.


The next set of palettes are some of my smaller ones:



The Tarteist Pro to Go palette (left):

I got this from ebay after obsessing after it for months. Why? Ugh. I don't know. It feels so long ago. It is a nice little palette, with a nice selection of shimmers and mattes. It just feels like a thoughtful palette. The mattes are very smooth and soft.

The Wet 'n Wild Not a Basic Peach Palette (top):

This was part of WnW's brand update and reformulation. I really enjoy the this palette, especially the transitional mattes. However, the quality is a bit inconsistent, as I did discard two shades that were not working for me.

The Too Faced Peanut Butter and Jelly Palette (bottom):

I got this from TJ Maxx on discount, but I don't regret it. This is an adorable palette, and really easy to make orangey brown looks with it. I really like the quality of the eyeshadow, except I think Bananas is very sheer.




Physician's Formula Classic Nudes (left):
This was part of their anniversary collection, and my review of this palette was very positive. It is a handy palette to have around.

Wet 'n Wild, Walking on Eggshells (center):

I purchased this solely to have the original formula in my possession. The quality is lovely. Unfortunately, I do have many overlaps with the color in this palette, but I do occasionally use it when I am in the mood for an easy look.

Wet 'n Wild 6-pan Palette in Greed (right):
I don't use this palette as much any more, but the salmon matte is my everything and I can't let it go because of that.

Finally, we have my larger, higher-end palettes:



ABH, Modern Renaissance.

I'll be honest. I am still using it after two years, and have panned six shades. I still really enjoy the quality of this palette.



Coloured Raine, Queen of Hearts palette.

This is a gorgeous palette, and the quality is commendable. The mattes are super blend-able, except for Ladyship. She's a (royal) pain. For me, the shimmers are a little intense for the day to day, which is why I don't use this palette as much as I'd like. If their mini-palettes would have been of better quality, I think I would have been better off using that. Still, I really enjoy using this palette.



ABH, Norvina.

 I have been using this for a couple of days now, and I am very pleased. This palette has a lot of what I have been looking for color-wise. I do think there are too many shimmers, and that the palette would benefit from one or two more mattes. Still, I really enjoy this palette and look forward to continue using it. I find it to be very inspiring.

I have decluttered a couple of palettes in the past that I definitely talked about on the blog. These include The Balm Meet Matt(e) Nude, The Balm Nude 'Tude, Urban Decay Pulp Fiction (this one pained me), Cargo Venice Enchantment, and Kat Von D Chrystalis and Innerstellar. With that in mind, I really like the collection I ended up with today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig