Saturday, July 7, 2018

Beauty Bookmark #2, The Norvina Palette

I thought this release was worthy of its own post. Today Norvina of ABH released the promo image for their upcoming palette, the Norvina Palette:


Now, right of the bat I am super excited for this palette, and wanted to buy it as soon as I saw it. However, I also wanted to think about parallels with my own collection, and what I would need to make sure of before actually buying the palette.

So, let's go shade by shade.
  1. Dreamer: A light gold shimmer. I know I have tons of these in my collection. 
  2. Summer: A brassier, darker gold. Another shadow I feel I have in my collection.
  3. Wild Child: A cool-toned pink frost, that seems to be a bit more rich in color. This I sort of have? From the Dose of Colors Eyes Cream Palette, we have the shade Bubblegum. My only issue with Bubblegum is that I feel it's a bit on the sheerer side, with flecks of glitter dispersed throughout, which is not exactly the look I am going for. Wild Child, however, does seem to be the frosty pink that I've been looking for.
  4. Rose Gold: I have many a rose gold shadow, including my HG, Rose Gold from Ardency Inn. 
  5. Celestial: This is really pretty and interesting to me, and I know I don't have anything like it in my collection. I have been looking for the perfect purple frost, and I feel like I have yet to find it. I could also be reaching, but going by the name and the picture, it might have a slight light blue reflect? 
  6. Dazzling: A bronze shimmer. 
  7. Drama: A red-toned purple shimmer. I hope it has more of a frostier finish. I might have something a bit like it in the Tarte Pro to Go palette, in the shade Dominate, or the shade Queen Mother by Coloured Raine. 
  8. Base: Matte cream shade. I've got these.
  9. Soul: Going by its satin finish, I have nothing like it in my collection.
  10. Incense: Reminds me of Bobbi Brown Wheat. I do have Warm Taupe from the Modern Renaissance palette. 
  11. Love: A pink matte, but warmer toned. I do have a gorgeous Inglot matte shadow #362 that is like a true pink, but this shadow also reminds me a lot of Lay Low by Colourpop, which I also have, and is slightly more peachy. 
  12. Volatile: A reddish/rosier brown. Could be similar to Cone from the Dose of Colours palette. 
  13. Eccentric: In the palette it looks really striking, like a mustard-brown, but I wonder how similar it is to Burnt Orange or Raw Sienna. 
  14. Passion: Mulberry from Soft Glam? There's a shade in the Carli Bybel Deluxe palette that could be sort of similar. 
This palette also drew immediate comparisons to the Soul Blooming Palette from Nabla:


The Huda Desert Dusk:


And the Lime Crime Venus 3:


Truthfully, though, out of all of those options, ABH's palette still is most appealing to me. Too much blue in Nabla, too much warmth in Desert Dusk, and I heard the most gorgeous looking shade in the Venus 3, the shade REM(?), was a let down. 

So what do I need to do know before buying this?

  • How distinct are the shimmers? I have critiqued a lot of ABH palettes in the past for lack of distinct shimmer shades, and there are four neutral shimmers in this palette. If any of them have a nice finish, or even a duochrome quality, I would love that. 
  • How does Soul swatch? Soul is that satin-looking lilac. The last not quite shimmer I can think of in an ABH palette was Antique Bronze and I hated it. 
What do I like about this palette?
  • I like the way the shades were paired together. Because there are so many mattes, the "quad" configuration doesn't really work for me here, but grouping them in pairs seems promising to me. 
  • PINK AND PURPLE. Those have been my colors this summer and I want to keep the party going.
Will I buy this?
  • At this point, the only way I am going to be sure this is not redundant and a waste of money is if I see swatches. I am in the camp of wanting to buy this, though, very much so.
What do you think? Are there enough neutrals vs. pinks and purples for you to buy this? Please feel free to let me know below!


No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig