Friday, July 28, 2017

TM(yself)O: New Releases

As with other TMO's, this is something akin to an anti-haul. Many upcoming releases have been causing quite a stir, but the pull to buy for me has not been so intense. I think I will conclude this post with a small section of what I have actually bought and used up.

1.) ABH the Subculture Palette. The draw of Modern Renaissance was a slow burn for me. When it first came out I was first getting introduced to the makeup industry, and it was not a big deal. In the subsequent months I observed many reviews and swatches, etc., and I decided I could benefit from it. Which I did. My fear is that I will be the same way with Subculture, though I honestly feel indifferent to it at this point. I love the greens and yellows, and I think they (as they are the color scheme of the palette packaging) are the major draws to this palette. If you are not going to use them, (or the blue for that matter), you might as well buy a cheaper palette. That being said, I love using orange mattes, and I have only used mustard-toned matte browns, not yellows. However, would I use the green? I don't know. I would love to buy a single green matte of a similar tone and see how that looks.

Subculture reminds me other ABH palettes, like Mario and the Artist's Palette. As I noted earlier, it reminds me of Lime Crime Venus 2 Palette. It also reminds me of Zoeva's Matte Spectrum palette, which I actually do want to buy.

When it comes to the Subculture palette, at least it is permanent. That gives people time to think. Or use up eyeshadow and have room for it. I can't see myself purchasing it though. Even if I wanted it as a complement to my MR palette, my MR palette has major dips and one pan (Tempera). It would be used up at a much faster rate than Subculture, if I were to start using them together. For the collector in me, they wouldn't be true complements, unless both were new (and I am sure there are people out there buying both).

2.) Whew, let's give Subculture a rest. What about Zoeva? Though I really want the Matte Spectrum Palette, I think there are major deterrents.

For one, their products, in their country/continent of origin, range from 20-30. Coupled with shipping and conversion, I would have to pay $40-50 or more. Now, from what I've seen of swatches of Cocoa Blend (which I have wanted for so long), the quality is not that great, and is indicative of a $20 palette. And yet I would have to pay higher end prices. Until Zoeva becomes accessible to certain vendors that have a more realistic price, and a price that is more aligned to what is being sold in other countries, I am going to avoid.

3.) Marc Jacobs Palettes: I really don't understand designer palettes. They are interpreted as luxury products, and yet the quality among each pan varies greatly. I don't see how that is possible with quality assurances, if that applies to Marc Jacobs. And that is something overall that I've seen with companies like Dior and Lancome. Quality is terrible and not worth it.

4.) Too Faced Holiday: It's easy to hate this brand at this point. Is there any word on whether or not the chocolate chip mini palettes included in the vault would be reformulated? I mean, it makes no difference to me, but I am curious.

5.) Clionadh Cosmetics Paleo Palette. Okay, so I have been an ardent admirer of this palette on Instagram for a couple of weeks. It is filled with duochrome shimmers and interesting mattes. It is organized by warm and cool. But I am including this in my TMO because I know I am not going to buy it. For one, it is already sold out. It is also $65 dollars. For $65, this is not a stand-alone palette, which is not a damning observation, but still. There's a lot going on in this palette, and I don't know if I would get full use out of it. Especially with the blues *shudders*. Something about the formula- just going by the pictures- also bothers me. The shimmers seem very soft, almost wet.

6.) Kat Von D Saint and Sinner Palette. You know what? I think this is a very beautiful palette.But I have comes to terms with the fact that I really don't like her shadows. Am I crazy? Maybe. But I have used bother Innerstellar and Chrysalis, and didn't really like them. Unless it gets good reviews, I am not going to even consider it. Although it's going to sell out immediately.

So what have I bought this week?
The Revlon Lip Butter from Amazon, discontinued. I think I paid $6.00? It is a reported dupe for Clinique Black Honey, which is why I bought it. I really like it so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig