Sunday, July 9, 2017

Eyeshadow Palette Updates

Last weekend I paid a visit to Nordstrom Rack and picked up the Meet Matt(e) Nude palette, an all-matte palette I have been interested in for some quite some time. With some birthday funds, I snatched it immediately, for the discounted price of $15.00. I think that it is an excellent matte palette, and I love it because of that subtle use of color and tone. In terms of all-matte palettes, to me this seems much more interesting than others, like the Shade and Light Palette from KvD.  The colors are darker in the pan than in the lid, which is something important to note, and makes (for me) the palette more useful, because I don't really use up a ton of dark matte colors.

Also, in my stash I found I had the L'Oreal La Nudes Palette 1, which I have been using this weekend for easy looks. I have to say, this was a palette I had overlooked, but it is really useful to have, and I plan on travelling with it next weekend. One shade in particular works really well as a highlight, in terms of formulation and color. 

Working with both palettes have made me realize that pigmentation does not necessarily make a quality eyeshadow. This summer I have been more interested in more muted looks. 

That being said, when I head that Milani came out two additions to their Everyday Eyes palette line,  Matte Basics, and Must Have Metallics, I did something rare and ordered directly from the company. I purchased Must Have Metallics for $11, as well as a liquid eyeliner (as I feel I am running out of my Physician's Formula Eye Booster Liner).

These are what the two new Milani palettes look like:
Matte Basics on left, Must Have Metallics on Right. 

These just came out, so I have not seen any swatches of either palette, so it's a bit of a blind buy. I am hoping for the best, and I know that the other palettes in the collection were rated highly, so here's hoping. 

Of course, I will follow up with a review. I have a feeling I have many dupes for those metallic shadows, but I am hoping it will be perfect for travel, so I don't have to fuss with bringing my z-palette with me. 

Edit:
I forgot to mention that I did declutter one palette that I simply was not inspired by/not using. I was surprised at myself but also relieved. It was the Floriculture palette by Tarina Tarantino:
I really like the matte called Hollyhock, color-wise, but it would not look flattering in the crease. Maybe the palette is just getting on in age, but the shades are too muted and the formula for Nighthopper is too loose for my liking. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig