Saturday, July 1, 2017

Brands I Want to Try and Brands I Don't Need To

Today's rambling simply consists of brands I would like to try, but for one reason or another, have not had the opportunity to do so. I also decided to add a section on brands I have NO interest in trying.  Please read on if interested!

1.) Kiko Milano: As of now, there is a 50% sale going on, and I am very tempted to purchase their Water Eyeshadow:
However, even with the 50% sale, everything seems a tad expensive. Because I have not heard a whole lot about this brand, it's difficult for me to gauge what is reasonable and what is not.  As of now, I am curious, but content enough with my collection to hold off for now. 

2.) MAC
I have never purchased a MAC product, though I did come close! I was going to buy an eyeshadow single from the Star Trek collection, which went on sale, but I cancelled the order and was refunded promptly. I did not just want to buy something because of novelty, especially because I was not amazed by the swatches. I do regret the beautiful swirled face powders, though. Anyway, I know the quality of the products the brand puts out is inconsistent, but because MAC seems like such a staple I would feel remiss if I did not at least try a lipstick from them. Now that MAC is at Ulta, it is definitely on my list.

3.) Storybook Cosmetics
I know, I know.  Their business practices are a little too disconcerting for me. But. I like their ideas, especially a Willy Wonka palette, and wouldn't mind trying them out, if I had money to spare. 

4.) Becca
Though I know I don't need any more highlighters or primers at the moment, I do want to see what Becca has to offer in those specific departments. I feel like I have tons of dupes for Champagne Pop, but I would love to check out the color-shifting highlighters. Those seem very interesting to me. 

5.) Make-Up Atelier- I found this brand on Beautylish, and one YouTuber was raving about their eyeshadow palettes the other day. They have 29 5-pan palettes, for $35, that actually appear well-organized. I don't know how much variety a person can get out of a palette alone, and I myself have too many colors to purchase a palette right now, but one of these days I would love to try one, especially "Spicy Tones" or "Honey Brown Tones":



And now, brands that do not interest me at all! 

1.) Lorac- It's official. I have never tried this brand at all, nor do I want to. Their last two Disney releases were both boring and uninspired, and poor quality (esp. the eyeshadow palettes). I also feel like, after watching innumerable videos and reading tons of articles, very familiar with the palettes, to the point where I know I don't need them. 

2.) Morphe- I have so many shimmers from Coastal Scents and BH Cosmetics, and I know they all have very similar ingredients. There is nothing special about Morphe. I don't need giant palettes, and I don't need to pay OTT shipping. 

3.) Guerlain/Dior/etc. etc. or such incredibly expensive products, they have terrible quality. This speaks for itself. I don't need it. 

4.) Viseart- this may be a controversial choice, since so many people agree that Viseart palettes are next-level. And surely, the $80.00 price tag perhaps reflects that. However, I don't think an average consumer should feel pressure to purchase these. I think that's unfair. 

5.) Instagram/Problem Brands: J*, Farsali, Violet Voss, etc. etc. I avoid these because I believe there's a lot of puffery involved, and for a lot of them, I do not want to support the people behind them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig