Monday, July 31, 2017

Is Nyx's Jumbo Eye Crayon in Milk REALLY That Good?

Yesterday I was a bit disparaging towards cult beauty products. I basically said that often they will be succeeded by other products and kind of exist in their own moment. The target of this point was Stila's eyeshadow single in Kitten.

However, I will admit that some beauty products attain and remain cult status because they are simply GOOD.

Case in point, Nyx's jumbo eye crayon in Milk.

Many tutorials suggest using this on the eyelid when applying trickier colors. Others just recommend it it as a primer. Today I am going to test out Nyx's abilities as a primer, compared to two other "crayon products."

Milk, Cottage Cheese, and Chella "Ivory Lace Highlighter"

Products swatched and blended out in same order
This is my second purchase of Milk. I did not use the first one up, I just (foolishly) lost it. This is my first (and probably last) purchase of Cottage Cheese, which I bought solely because of the name. The third product, the Chella "highlighter," I got from an Ipsy bag and wanted to use up. I don't think that's going to happen at this rate.

Anyway, from my blended out swatches, I tried to apply roughly the same amount of each. However, it is clear that Nyx is blending out evenly, with still a lot of coverage. Cottage cheese is just sheer shimmer, and the Chella product just blended with my skin. 

In terms of performance of the eye, I did an eye look with one eye using Milk and one eye using the Chella concealer stick. On the Chella side the mattes just blended together, while the Milk side kept the colors in place. I might post the eye look later, but I do have brush swatches of three shimmer shadows: Coastal Scents Dark Goldenrod, Inglot 433, and Panama Rose (CS)





For me, it is clear that the Cottage Cheese, though I love the name, did nothing. I thought perhaps it would interact well with shimmer shades and really bolster them, but that is not the case. The Chella stick comes in second, as it is grabbing the product, but not as successfully as Nyx's Milk.

So, the reason I needed to see if Milk could be used as a primer is because I ran out of UD Primer Potion. I own other primers, but I do not like them as much. I have the Ruby Kisses dupe, as well is UD in Sin, but both come with a doe-foot applicator and I am not a fan. I also have the Too Faced Shadow Insurance, but the product began to separate in the bottle. I am really interested in buying Eden, but I want to use up what I have. And I do also have Milk.

I strongly recommend it. I don't know if it will work for everyone, but I think it can make an excellent base for eyeshadows. I do give it full five stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig