Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Milani Eyeshadow Palette: Eyes on Metallics, Swatches and Review!

Today I am very excited to present to you a review on one of Milani's latest additions to their Everyday Eyes Powder Eyeshadow Collection. I got word on the two new palettes: Matte Basics and Must Have Metallics a couple of days ago, and did not hear/read anything about their quality.

The eyeshadow collection overall is highly rated, and when I saw the official pictures of the Must Have Metallics palette, I knew immediately I needed to try it:
I was most taken with what appeared to be a purple-like color, the fourth long shade, and I knew that because I was leaving for Boston in a couple of days, I needed a sturdy travel palette, so I bought it.


Swatches here:




All shades are swatched over primer. The metallic shades were swatched with a finger, while the matte black was swatched with the brush provided. The brush itself is a small dual-ended blending and shading brush, with stiff yet soft fibers. I wouldn't use the brush apply the foiled shades, though. 

I will go over each shadow from left to right, from the swatches above.

1.) A cream metallic shade that looks satin in comparison to the other metallic shades. It is in a wider pan, and would also make a suitable highlight for the face. The swatch was one light swipe with the finger. 

2.) A bright gold shade. The metallics in this palette literally outshine my higher-end shadows. They are intense. This shade's formula is identical to two others: the copper and bronze.

3.) A bright copper. I hope I don't overuse the word "bright" in my review, but I think I probably will. I know I have dupes for this in my collection, but the quality of this shadow makes it worth it. 

4.) A metallic red. This shade does not have the foiled effect of the other shadows, but it is not an obvious difference. I will note that while the other metallic shades only needed one light swipe of the finger to demonstrate full intensity, the red needed two. I will also note that while this shade looked purple almost in the pan, swatched it is quite obvious that this a burgundy-leaning red metallic. I am not disappointed, however. 

5.) A bronze foiled shadow, my favorite shade. 

6.) A matte black of good quality and pigmentation. I do use black on the outer corner mixed with a brown matte, and I do sort of wish that a dark brown matte was there instead of black. I am not sure what the logic is- perhaps it would work as a liner. 

When using this palette, it is quite obvious that this is not  a stand-alone palette. If you want to incorporate matte shades, you will need to reach for other products. 

Additionally, primer/a good sticky base is necessary to prevent creasing and transfer. These are highly foiled shades, and some of the flecks can travel. 

Be sure to prime your eyes! I myself alternate between Too Faced Glitter Insurance and Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy, but Milani's own eyeshadow primer should do the trick. 

When using more than one shade on the eye, do note that the shadows mix very easily with each other. The effect is not displeasing, but be aware that some more complex looks may be affected by that. For me, I probably will just use one shimmer on the lid at a time. A little of each shade goes a long way, and they are all pretty long-lasting and pigmented. 

Overall, I think this is a very impressive palette. For me, I don't anticipate anything extra that I have to do to make this work, but  please note the above caveats. Still, when I travel, I will just be bringing this and one additional all-matte palette, and I will be set. I even purchased another palette for my mother, at her request! 

My final grade for this palette is ⭐⭐⭐⭐1/2 out of five stars. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig