Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Seven Sins of Makeup Tag!

Hello! I saw this video tag on YouTube today, so I thought it would be fun to write my thoughts about each category. Let's begin:

Greed: Least and Most Expensive Products.

I try to avoid paying full price for products as much as I can. Either this means waiting for something to be discounted, or on sale, etc. With that in mind, the product that costs the most per ounce (even though my Modern Renaissance palette was $42), was the single eyeshadow from Ardency Inn, from the Modster Manuka honey infused pigment in Rose Gold. For a little more than an ounce and a half, this was $22.

In terms of least expensive product, I have an Elf blending brush that cost $1.00, as well as a Wet n' Wild single shadow in Brulee that was on sale for $0.75.

Wrath: A product that I have a love/hate relationship is my Bite Beauty Pearl Creme Lipgloss in Oyster. I love how pigmented, long-lasting, and interesting it is. But I'm growing annoyed with how slightly gritty it is, and how it is not a good summer color, so I really have no desire to continue testing it out at this point. I feel I have to wait for it to get colder.

Gluttony: My most "delicious" product would have to be Palmer's Cocoa Butter. If I could eat it I would. Runner up is Physician's Formula Butter Bronzer. Even though it has an artificial tang to it, that stuff smells delicious and is addictive.

Sloth: I try to declutter products that I don't use due to laziness, and/or only purchase products that require minimal effort. That being said, many times I don't bother using a makeup blending sponge because that would mean I would have to get up and use the bathroom sink to dampen in, in the middle of my routine. When I am feeling this way I just use my fingers or a brush instead.

Pride: A product that gives me the most confidence.....At this point I can't pin down one product. Setting spray gives me confidence because it prevents me from becoming oily, but it's only helpful if I am already wearing makeup. Having a spot of blush and bronzer, an interesting eye look, some highlighter, etc., all give me confidence in some way.


Lust: As the source of this article idea, ebbilovesmakeup, revised this category to mean most lusted-after products, I will do the same. The original criteria was most attractive quality, but to me it's a little OT. That being said, humor and wit (and hair!) are weaknesses for me. And for as lusted-after products go, I try to keep the hype at bay for as long as I can. But when the Queen of Hearts palette came out, I really really wanted it. Now, though, it is simply single-shadows from reputable indie brands I am most interested in.

Envy: A product I would most want to receive as a gift. Something ridiculous. Like a Marc Jacobs holiday palette or one of his coconut products. Or an eyeshadow palette from Storybook Cosmetics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig