Thursday, June 29, 2017

Some Coastal Scents Swatches

About a year ago I purchased a set of Coastal Scents shadows, one shimmer and a couple of mattes. I was seriously unimpressed with what I received and ended up decluttering all of them. That set included Elven Gold, Paprika, Oktoberfest, Coconut Husk, Chamois Nude, and Oatmeal Tan. Elven Gold was a really boring color, and all the mattes excluding Chamois Nude (which I found patchy) ended up reading very similar on the skin.

For some reason, I ended back on Coastal Scents' site and saw they had another sale, with each hot pot 99 cents.  Doing a bit more research, and especially after viewing Lauren Mae Beauty's recent video on the shadows, I found I was better off buying their shimmers.

I received them and swatched them today. After this purchase, I definitely would buy again from Coastal Scents, though not anytime soon. My z-palette is currently full up and I simply do not have any room.

From top to bottom we have: Dark Goldenrod (my favorite), Panama Rose (second favorite), Peach, Georgia Peach, and Victorian Pear.




I still think I could have selected better shadows over all, as Victorian Pear is a little lackluster, even though it appears to have good color payoff. I tried to use it as a crease shade but on the skin, even with primer, it did not show up as a subtle shadow, as I had hoped. 

Lastly, I did write a lengthy rambling on my "quest" for the perfect purple shimmer, and I think I have finally found it. I did write about how ABH Rosette was still a little too red for me, and that Inglot shade was a total, unpigmented, poor formula (hard pan almost instantly) disaster. Well, please see below, the right shade. 


Here I have the Inglot shade, heavily built up (even though it does not appear so), next to one swipe of Panama Rose. I very much look forward to wearing it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig