Monday, June 5, 2017

May Favorites and Regrets

This month has been an interesting one for makeup. I made numerous purchases and want to share with you my findings.

The top products for me of the month have been:

1) The Ordinary Serum Foundation.
My skin drinks this foundation up, and I am left with a natural finish. The only drawback I can think of is the fact that it contains no SPF.

2) The Ordinary Retinoid 2 %
You can read my review of this here. This is a stand-out for this month as I have seen instant results.

3) Nyx Eyebrow Shaper. This is a product that I have been using at the end of April throughout all of May, and even though it is a simple thing- a clear wax crayon- it is perfect for me. I don't do anything really with my brows, aside from plucking them once in a while, so this simply allows me to shape my brows while keeping my hair in place. It is one of those things I don't even have to think about using.

4.) Fyrinnae eyeshadows in: Wicked Faeries and Serendipity. I am really glad I bought these two. They are interesting, glamorous, and yet work-appropriate.

5.) Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy. Something I use now with all my shadows.

6.) L'Oreal Infallible Setting spray: My favorite of all my setting sprays at the moment. I also have the Pixi make-up fix mist, as well as the WnW one. I love the mist and formula of this one.

 Products that both had positives and negatives:

1.) Physician's Formula Butter Bronzer. So...I love the formula and scent of this bronzer. However, you'd think bulky packaging would also be sturdy, right? WRONG. This thing shattered in my bag. I've repressed it, but it's original pattern is gone, and the compact is rather messy now :( .

2.) WnW Highlighters in Boozy Brunch and Precious Petals. These two are GORGEOUS highlighters, with excellent pigmentation, unique tones, and visually appealing designs. There is nothing else quite like them at the drugstore. That being said, they are a tad too dark for me, and I have too be very careful with application so that I can still use and enjoy them. I mean, I wanted them in my collection, and I figured they would not be the best match, so I just can't go ham with them.

3.) L'Oreal Voluminous, Original Mascara in Carbon Black, curved brush. SO. I did not read the label at the store and walked away with the "curved brush," which is not the worst. I don't know what the regular one is like, but I actually like the curved wand, as well as the formula to this. It does not flake, but it does deposit too much product on the wand, so wiping some off into the container is a necessity.

Regrets:

4.) Fyrinnae eyeshadow: Lady Glamis. This was my only dud from my Fyrinnae purchases. It looked nothing like the swatches on the site. Even after getting the hang of using Pixie Epoxy the cloudy grey base of Lady Glamis was still super predominant.

5.) Kat Von D high-voltage eyeshadow primer. No. No. I can't say enough how much I did not like this primer.

6.) Tarteist lip paint in Rose- The formula was a lot lighter than other liquid lips that I've tried, but I just don't like the overall effect. The color was not flattering for me, either. Too warm.

7.) The Organic Pharmacy Eye and Lip Cream: Every time I use this before I go to bed, my eyes are crusty and swollen in the morning. Pass.

So that's it for the month of May! Next month I will have some Inglot shadows, as well as indie cream contour to talk about!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig