Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Thoughts on Colourpop's Yes Please Palette (not a product review)

Currently out of stock, limited edition. Restock to be announced.

This palette is an excellent deal, of $16.00. It is also highly rated, with a score of A- from Temptalia. It is also a dupe for a waaaaay more expensive palette, the Sunset Palette, from Natasha Denonona (sp?).

For me, I think this palette is smart and an excellent summer version of the Modern Renaissance.Take a look:




 I love the bright yellow matte and orange shimmer, especially, and feel that I don't really have anything like that in my collection.

What is deterring me, however, are three things:
1.) I am seeing a lot of shimmers that I already do have in my z-palette.
2.) Aside from the yellow and tangerine, some of these colors can be substituted with the Modern Renaissance.
3.) A few days ago I placed an order with Coastal Scents that included the following:
Georgia Peach











Peach











 Dark Goldenrod











and Pumpkin Pie











Now, I did not plan on duping the Colour Pop palette, but I've found that the actual swatches of Coastal Scents shadows read a lot warmer than what is presented on the site (the above pictures). I do think that if I have these shadows, there's no need for the Colour Pop palette, and if I really wanted to, I should just find a good quality single of the yellow.

Now, if you did not already own any warm/sunny palettes, I see no problem with buying the Colour Pop one. Great deal, nice quality, and hopefully Colour Pop will make it a permanent part of their line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig