Monday, June 26, 2017

Lip Products: Collection and Declutter

Today I am going to go over my collection of lip products. I did not think my collection was overwhelming, but I did notice I was holding onto products that I never use.

 Let's begin first with my three favorite traditional lipsticks, all from the Maybelline Color Sensational line. From left to right, the colors are Grey Over It, Touchable Taupe, and Sin-a-Mon.




Swatched from left to right is Covergirl Melting Pout in "Gelebrity." After we have Grey Over It, a matte finish, both normal application and then blended out, Touchable Taupe, and Sin-a-Mon, both with a satin finish. All lipsticks (not the Covergirl gloss) are one swipe. 

What I love about these lipsticks is that they blend in and wear naturally, and is super flattering for me. Even Grey Over It, which is-as the name suggests- a strong grey leaning-taupe, is a bit jarring on first application, it blends into the skin. This is a fantastic line, especially from the drugstore, and I have no desire to declutter them. 

Next, we have more of my lipstick collection:

From l-r, we have Liquid Courage Cosmetics Liquid Lipstick in Plum It Up, Mellow Cosmetics Matte Lipstick in Nude, Buxom Lipstick in Dolly, a Bite Beauty Holidy duo in Bronze/Pepper, a Covergirl Star Wars lipstick in 70, a Smashbox Lipstick in Victorious (I think- it's a bright fuschia), and two lip liners from both Bite Beauty and Ofra (keeping both).

The Liquid Courage Cosmetics lipstick I got in a duo from Ipsy, and I regret buying it. I held onto this one longer than the other one because I thought this one had an interesting formula (sparkles), but neither are worth it. I hate matte liquid lipstick, and this one never even dried down. It was sticky. Decluttered.

The Mellow lipstick was much sought after by me, as I got it with Ipsy points (when you could still buy things with Ipsy points), after I received the other option- the bright blood orange shade- in my glambag. That was when I first suspected that something was up with the point system and not being able to choose which shade I wanted, even though I filled out the survey and blah blah blah. Something about artificially creating a "need" for a product. Anyway, the lipstick is a nice rose brown, that is matte but comfortable and wearable. The smell of it also reminds me of marshmallows. Keeping.

Buxom in Dolly. This was a blind purchase from TJ Maxx, and one of my best.  A cool leaning neutral rose, with a satin finish. It has a comfortable, long-wearing formula, and I dread running out of it. Keeping.

Bite Holiday Duo in Bronze/Pepper. Pepper is a little too warm for me, but I am keeping it. The star of the show is Bronze- a shimmering balm that lasts forever and is super comfortable. It is much more comfortable than the pearl gloss that I reviewed a while back. Instead of those, Bite should have come out with a lipstick version. I also do not look forward to running out of bronze. Keeping.

Covergirl Lipstick in "70" (Star Wars). At first I was going to hold onto it because I thought it could be a dupe for Bronze. But not quite. The formula is runnier, the shade is more pink, and the shimmer sheers out. I also really do not like the scent of Covergirl lipsticks. Decluttered.

Smashbox Lipstick. This was a gift from one of my friends, so I am not decluttering it. I wish I had more opportunities to wear it- it is a cool-toned dark magenta.

I will also be keeping the two liners.

Let's move on to glosses/balms:
From left-right:
I will be keeping the Trust Fund Beauty Gloss. It is comfortable with a nice tint of color, but I should say that the smell is awful- like acrylic paint.

I will not be keeping the Smashbox Insta-matte lipstick transformer. I don't think it does that great of a job, and it feels too much like the silicone-primer . I don't actually like Smashbox as a brand too much, I've found. Decluttered.

Bite Beauty Pearl Thing: I've reviewed this before. It is not worth its price tag, and I am confident this line will be marked down in the near future. However, it is a beautiful product that I will wear more in the fall/winter.

Maybelline Melting Pout "Gel Lipstick" in Gelebrity. First off, I really love the formula of this. I bought this on a whim, selecting the brown color, and it was very flattering. However, I ended up popping off the applicator because I had to squeeze it through pretty hard and it was very difficult. Now I just apply it with a brush. Keeping.

Purlisse is a brand that learned of through Ipsy. Not really impressed with the quality of the gloss. Will continue to use, but would never repurchase.

Skin Fix Balm. Another buy in which I had done no research whatsoever. I love this. I would have probably bought the unscented one, but Vanilla Mint is not unpleasant. Keeping.

Also keeping the Korres Greek Yogurt Lip Cooler in Framboise. So this is an exfoliator and a hydrator. It was originally sold for about $20, but I bought it at TJ Maxx for $5.00. When I bought it, I did not know what to expect. It does exfoliate the lips, but it also has a cooling metal ball on the applicator. I actually like it a lot (would not pay $20 for it thought), and use it in the mornings before applying makeup. Keeping!

So next is an odd product- Hard Candy has a lip primer- dual-ended for both creme and gloss products. I am currently testing this out, but so far I have noticed that it creates a sticky base for products and does prolong the durability of them. I have not tested a variety of products, only lipstick. For now, I am keeping.

Okay, so last I've got two of the same shade from MUA Makeup Academy. I've reviewed the Color Drenched Lip Butter in the past, and I still love it and use it. It is in the shade Honey, and I bought a back-up.

The second product from MUA I will be decluttering. It is Extreme Shimmer Lipstick in Soft Rose. I think MUA does a poor job of picking color samples- as they do not accurately depict the color of the actual product. Soft Rose is way too pink for me, and it is not flattering.

Last is a product I have almost completed- Nyx Butter Lipstick in Pops. I am keeping!

Below I have my decluttered items, as well as swatches of some of them:
The top two shimmers are a comparison between Bronze and and 70 (Covergirl). I had hoped they would be dupes but they are not.

The three pink shades from top to bottom are- Soft Rose, the Smashbox Shade (for reference) and Plum It Up.

Final thoughts:

My love of brown lipstick is not going anywhere. I love cool-tones and shimmer. Ipsy is not trustworthy with lip products.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig