Sunday, June 3, 2018

Wet 'n Wild Hummingbird Hype: Review and Swatches

Good evening! I have so many reviews planned, but I wanted to do this one first, because I am so excited. My local Walmart, which usually is very behind in selling new product collections, actually had the Wet 'n Wild Flights of Fancy collection! Out of all the products, I had decided to go for Hummingbird Hype, a golden-orange luminous blush.

It is sold as a baked blush, and is in the same packaging as their mega-glo highlighters, in the standard amount of 5.4 g. However, for some reason, instead of $4.98, which they are usually sold for, I paid $3.98. Hm.

Anyway, let's get into the pictures and swatches! As always, you can click on the image for a larger picture.


The design for this collection, which benefits hummingbirds, is a chevron-floral mix. I think I am in the minority that really dislikes chevron. It clashes a bit with florals, and I wonder why they did that. 


 The product in the pan. How gorgeous!! 


On my hand we have a heavy finger swatch on the left, and a blended out swatch on the right. As you can see, this blush has serious shine. It reminded me a lot of Precious Petals, the highlighter, and I was concerned that the blush would act like a highlighter and not a blush. So I decided to compare the two. 


Precious Petals on the left, Hummingbird Hype on the right. PP is brighter and shinier, and HH pulls more orange. 



When the two are blended out, you can really see the difference in the two types of products. PP blends out shiny, but HH still has a color to its base. 

On the face, HH offers a very natural tint of orange, while giving me some glow. Staying power is pretty impressive, and this is one line of products I have no problem collecting.

Hummingbird Hype will be very good for the summer! Also, hummingbirds are glorious creatures. 

Thanks so much for reading! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig