Monday, June 4, 2018

March-May Faves and Fails

This is usually my least favorite time of the year. The long stretch. But my favorites and fails this year has been long overdue, and this post has been in my drafts for a long time.

I have a couple of new favorites to talk about, because I feel like I repeat myself so much in these posts, which is why I find myself posting pretty sporadically. I am not going to post pictures of the items, but I am sure you can find reviews for most of these on my blog.

Faves, by type of product:

Face products:

Mac Fix+ . I had underestimated the power of the Fix Plus. I bought the mini one from Ulta, and I have to say I am thoroughly impressed. I use a combination of cream and powder products on my face, and this product does really meld everything together. I am very satisfied with this one!
Note: It was very cold and dry in March and April, which is when I used this a lot. But as it is getting a bit more humid out, I feel this does nothing when it comes to preventing oiliness.

BH Cosmetics Studio Pro Total Coverage Concealer. I used this under my eyes and found it to me not drying and very long lasting.

Colourpop No Filter Concealer. A bit lighter than the BH Concealer, but is a thinner formula and easier to blend. I know this concealer got mixed reviews, but I don't see it settling into fine lines.

L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base. One of the older products in my collection, I keep forgetting to use it, but when I do, I am reminded of how much it helps. It does take a bit of extra work, but I mix it with my concealer under the eye, and I like the results very much. It can make the Colourpop Concealer a bit more emollient, as well as fill in fine lines.

Eyeshadow:

Coastal Scents: Tangelo Tint, Oatmeal Tan, and Pumpkin Pie, were some of my most used singles.

Shiro Cometics, Fleece-Lined Pillow Fort. One day I hope that Shiro makes this a pressed eyeshadow. It is satin finish warm white, and it is one of the shadows I am confident that actually looks good in the inner corner of my eye.

Kiko Milano Champagne. Though this was much sought after by me, it took me a while to warm up to it. Now, though, I use it quite a bit when I am going for an easy, one-shadow look.

Colourpop: Just Hear Me Out, a cream matte shade that is supposed to dupe ABH's Tempera. And Glass Bull.

Face

Coastal Scents Blush in Tarte Purple
Makeup Geek Puppy Love Blush
Innisfree No Sebum Mineral Powder
Becca Lilac Geode Shimmering Skin Perfector
Wet 'n Wild The Sweetest Bling Highlighter (super fave)
Physician's Formula Full Moon Butter Highlighter
Jordana Cream Contour
Milani Cream Contour (part of the duo)

Skincare:

The Ordinary Retinoid 2%
Pond's Rejuvenating Cream
Goldbond Neck and Chest Cream


Fails:

The Ordinary Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Oil
L'Oreal Voluminous Original
Wet 'n Wild Matte Velvet Lip Crayon in Nude Streak
Physician's Formula Butter Palette Shades in Galactic and Butter Bronzer





No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig