Friday, June 1, 2018

I Depotted the Physician's Formula Butter Palette

Depotting the products in this palette was something I had considered as soon as it arrived in the mail. I am learning that I am not a fan of all-in-one face palettes, but I had assumed that it was a guarantee that all the products in this palette would be equally fabulous and therefore worth keeping them all together in that packaging.

That was not the case.

It is pretty clear, for someone very familiar with the texture and scent of the original Butter Bronzer, that what is included in this palette is a watered-down, less pigmented, stiffer, version.

I also discovered that the formula of the silver glitter highlighter, Galactic, was incredibly soft, as it ended up cracking in the pan on me the second week of owning the palette. After I did not do anything to it.

With this in mind, and considering the bulkiness of the palette, I decided to depot. And I know there were concerns about the product drying out, but the new palettes I placed the product in have the same amount of "protection" than the original, so I am not bothered.

1.) How did I do it?

Before using a depotting tool to lift out the pans, I pried out the layer of plastic that held the pans from the cardboard base. This easy to do. The plastic was relatively thin and flexible so I was able to cut around each pan with a scissor. Once I had an individual shade, I pulled pack the plastic to make space to stick my depotting tool in and pop out the pan.

The only one I did not do this for was Galactic. Because that product was already broken and a mess, I used my depotting tool to deposit the product into an empty Colourpop Super Shock Shadow container, which I then pressed.

2.) Results:

We have Full Moon and Butter Bronzer in my large highlighter z-palette. I was not thrilled about putting the bronzer there, but I don't have anywhere else to put it. 

Ideally, I want Full Moon to be in a single, because it is hands down my favorite. 


Natural Glow Blush with the rest of my blush. I think the placement of this works. 


Finally, Galactic in the Super Shock Shadow Container. Hopefully I breathed new light into this product, and I will use it as a gittery eyeshadow, perfect for that glossy eye look.


No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig