Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Wet 'n Wild Platinum Bar Highlighter in Winter Bloom: First Impressions and Swatches

Look what I found at Walgreen's today! Wet 'n Wild, for the holidays, has released an expanded line of their Gold Bar Highlighter from last year. I picked up the lightest one, Platinum Bar, aka Winter Bloom, to try out. It cost $5.00.




 The packaging is a little unwieldy, and was hard for me to open with my nails. Unfortunately, when I tried to use the end of my highlighting brush as a lever, it scraped a bit of the product.

The mirror is useful, but difficult to slide out. The product information sticker was over the grip, so I couldn't slide the mirror out without peeling off that sticker.


Winter Bloom is a very pale gold. At first I was afraid it would be too similar to some highlighters in my collection, but I do think it is distinct.



 From top to bottom we have finger swatches of the entire pan mixed together, than just the star, and then without the star.

In the below pic, I compared Winter Bloom (top) to Full Moon from Physician's Formula Butter Palette (middle), and Kat Vom D's Thundercrunch (bottom)


Below we have some uncomfortably close pictures of my most bare face with the product applied to my browbone and cheeks. It went on very intensely, so I wonder how it will perform with a base that is already primed with translucent powder.



Overall, I think the color is a good match for me. The formula is very smooth and the finish is very intense and shiny. I look forward to using more of this highlighter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig