Sunday, September 23, 2018

Colourpop The Good Sport Palette: Review and Swatches

Usually I like to wait for reviews to come out before I buy a palette, but when I saw previews of the Good Sport palette, I did not wait. The autumnal color scheme just spoke to me.

This was the very first Colourpop 12-pan palette that I have ever purchased. I do have some singles, both matte and shimmer. 

This palette cost $16.00, about $21, with shipping. A full size CP single shadow contains 1.5 g of product, while the shades in this palette are each 1 g of product, which I think is an excellent value. 

As always, click on the pics for a closer look.




The above swatches is the first row of shades. 
1.) Wild Out: A champagne shimmer. It is a bit darker than Stila Kitten. It is very creamy and works well with both warm and cool shades. 

2.)Hooky: This is an extremely pigmented but soft brown-orange. It reminds me of Realgar from Modern Renaissance. This was a shade that was very easy to work with. 

3.) Rookie: A brilliant copper shimmer packed with blue micro glitters. I was concerned that the blue glitters could potentially fall out, but that did not happen. The formulation of this shade is really impressive. 

4.) Sista: 😞😞😞

This is a matte fuchsia. The formulation was terrible. It would not adhere to the skin unless the lid was tacky- very difficult for me to blend in the crease. I could not even swatch this with my finger, but even with a brush I had to be careful because it would blend away to nothing.


The above picture is the second row of shadows.

5.)Licious: A slightly green-toned yellow gold shimmer. The same excellent formula as Wild Out.

6.) High Hopes: Reminds me of Oatmeal Tan from Coastal Scents. A lighter warm brown matte. Very creamy and blendable.

7.) Reckless: A deeper matte eggplant/aubergine. This was a brush swatch on dry un-primed skin because finger swatches were not possible. It was not as blendable as the other mattes, but I could still work with it.

8.) Trooper: My favorite shade, a slightly orange toned golden rod matte. I am very pleased with this shadow because it does not change color in the crease, which happens often with me when using shades like this. This shadow is very blendable and pigmented.


 And finally, the last row.

9.) Hooked: A slightly olive-toned taupe shimmer. I love shimmers like these. They feel sophisticated to me.

10.) Trophies: A cool-toned dark brown. The formulation on this is excellent- soft and easy to work with.

11.) EBB: A stunning yellow-toned green shimmer. Excellent formulation.

12.) Flow: Out of all the matte purples in this palette, this one got the most mileage from me. Pigmentation was excellent, but it was not as soft as the other neutral mattes n the palette.

I also have a picture, for some reason, of all the shimmers together:


From left to right: Wild Out, Rookie, Licious, Hooked, and EBB

Let's look at some eye looks:


 In the above, I had Sista on the lid, Wild and Out on the inner corner, and Flow and Reckless in the crease and outer corner. I also glued some glitter from Amerikan Body Art on the inner corner as well. I hated this look, and this was my second time trying to use the purples. I don't mid how the outer corner looks, I just really do not like the sharp line on my lid. Blending did take a long time, though. The first time around I tried using Sista in the crease and that was a hot mess.


This look was in conjunction with the Norvina palette. I used Volatile, a taupe, in the crease, and Trophies then blended in on the outer corner. I used Hooked on the lid, and then a glitter from Amerikan Body Art- Cosmic Collision, on top of that. I really liked how simple but multi-layered this was.


This is like a staple look from me, but it's kind of rough. An improved version of this look can be found below:

So, I have Trooper in the crease, High Hopes in the crease and lid, and Hooky and Reckless on the outer corner. It is kind of hard to see, but Licious is in the inner corner. I like this look a lot. 

Final thoughts:

I really like the formulation of almost all of these shadows, except what was going on with the purples. That's a shame to me, because the purples are- for me- part of the selling point. I am not saying they are they worst ever. 2 out of 3 of them are usable ( I do consider Sista unusable), they just take a bit more effort.

All in all, I am happy to have this palette, and look forward to using more of it!

Oh, I almost forgot! I did reorganize the palette. I'll show you the before and after:

Before:


After:

1 comment:

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig