Monday, September 17, 2018

What's In my Small Z-Palette?

Greetings! I've been a little MIA since work started up again, but I do have some makeup related things to share in some upcoming posts. One post in particular is dedicated to a rather concerning trend I am seeing with recent releases- packaging fails. Such fun! Today's post, however, is another look into my small z-palette.

The z-palette is a Coastal Scents 12-pan palette, and usually I fill it with the single shades curated from my larger z-palette. I find that I rotate through the shades quite consistently.

This is the palette as of today:


I really like how the columns ended up being quite monochromatic.

Shiro:
Fleeced Lined Pillow Fort
Dose of Colours:
Berries 'n Cream
Colourpop:
Lay Low
Colourpop:
Howlin'
Coloured Raine:
Angel Face
Coastal Scents:
Oatmeal Tan
Colourpop:
Making Moves
Dose of Colours:
Blueberry Swirl
Looxi:
Bohemian
Looxi:
Boujee
Looxi:
Mirage
Looxi:
Charmed
The first row is primarily matte/satin. I want to make more progress on Berries 'n Cream, the slightly pink-toned cream. I find I have been using pink more often, so this shade would work well. I also want to get more use out of Lay Low. It reminds me of a lighter, more tightly pressed Love from Norvina, and the two do work well together. And I have been using Howlin' lately, so I decided to put it in this palette just to make it easier to reach for. 

In the second row, Angel Face has a significant dip to it, but I have not used it for a couple of months while it was in the larger z-palette. But I have been in the mood to use it, so I thought it would make sense to place it in here. I also wanted a semi-neutral brown in the palette, and I know I have not been using Oatmeal Tan, though this is a repurchase after inadvertently giving it away the first time.  Making Moves is such a bright and pigmented color, but easy to blend, and I am curious to see how it will behave with Lay Low, which is why they are placed next to each other in the palette. 

The final matte in this row is Blueberry Swirl, such a smart shadow from Dose of Colors. It is the perfect transition between pink/purple and brown. It works well with both warm and cool tones. It's pigmentation is not too intense so I feel I can control the depth of this color with ease.

The final row is of my relatively new Looxi shadows. I have one more, Tesla, in the larger z-palette. I use Mirage the most, which is ironic to me because that is the shade I had the worst first impressions of. What I like about it is that, like w/ Blueberry Swirl mentioned above, it plays with warm and cool. It also has dimensions of different colors, which makes this an easy to use stand alone color.

Bohemian looks like a standard rose gold copper shade a la Amber Rush, but actually has a spark of silver, as well as small purple glitters. It is very striking and I want to use more of it this month. I also want, nay need, to use Boujee, a shadow that appears gold, but actually has a rainbow like shift. It is magical and I hereby resolve to use more of it. Last is Charmed, a duochrome, that I am still figuring out how to use in a way that is flattering. 

So that's it! Do you have any of these colors? Let me know in the comments below!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig