Sunday, September 2, 2018

Products I Did Not Expect to Love, pt 2

Greetings once again! Today I have a slate of products that I did not expect to love. As explained in my last post, it is not so much that I bought the products expecting to hate them, but I learned to appreciate them the more I used them. So essentially, my first impressions were wrong. Muany of these were not risky purchases, either, so my initial expectations were not the highest.

Let's begin!

1.) Coty Airspun. I was gifted this a long time ago by a friend who knew, clearly, what was up. Unfortunately, I was not at that level. Also, the powder was too dark for me. So I ended up giving it away to someone else. Years later, I found a transparent Airspun at Walmart for super cheap so I decided to try again. The smell took a while to get accustomed to, but I've learned to apply it over a dried primer/moisturizer, as well as blended out concealer, and you're all set. For me, the powder looks great over a minimal base, not caked on top of foundation. I have been using it during the summer as an alternative to liquid foundations, and have really liked the results!

2.) Covergirl Quad Palette in Blushing Blooms 720. This quad is not new to Covergirl's line, just repackaged. Out of the four shades, the glitter one is a total dud, but the satin-mattes show up really well. The cream is pink-toned, the pink and taupe are cool toned and blend and build up beautifully. They have a silky smooth texture and are very easy to work with. I was a little hesitant because I did not have great memories of Covergirl's eyeshadows, but that changed when I noticed the shadows have a similar look and consistency to the Maybelline "slurry" (coined by Musings of a Muse) formulation.

3.) Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Mini Bronzer. This was a bargain buy from TJ Maxx, and I did not expect to like this because I got the wrong shade. However, I have been using a very light hand, and placing it in areas one would apply a blush, and I have been really enjoying the results.

4.) Milani Prep + Set + Glow Illuminating Transparent Powder. This one was a bit of a risky purchase, though Mel (formerly Puffin's Wife) sung this powder's praises. I find I am very cautious when it comes to transparent powders, because I just don't have that much experience with them. However, I really like this powder. One: It smells amazing. Seriously.. it is very fresh. I would not wear it as a perfume, but I really enjoy smelling it as a "palate cleanser" to the Coty lol....Two: I had underestimated how silky, and subtly radiant this powder would be. It is definitely worth a try.

5.) BH Cosmetics Concealer. I had tried BH face products in the past, but I did not find them notable. However, the concealer from their Pro Line surprised me. It is somewhat dry, not as dry as Colourpop, but easy to blend and gives off a radiant finish. I also though its lasting power was notable. I have very nearly used up all of it, and I would consider repurchasing it once I finish off the rest of my concealers.

Have you tried any one these? Let me know in the comments below!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig