Friday, February 1, 2019

3 Looks of the Week: Shimmer and Dark Mattes

I am not going to call myself an ABH stan. I own none of their face or lip products, and only (~oNlY) three of their eyeshadow palettes. But the reason I have three is because I just like the composition of their palettes.

Color-scheme wise, I think the ABH is super usable, and that colors are selected and grouped in very intentional and useful ways. This makes it a pleasure to use the palettes, and a reason I think I stuck to the Modern Renaissance and Norvina palettes- mostly- this week.

If my eyeliner looks weird this week there is very good reason- I am using the Mac eyeliner pot in Blacktrack, and am trying to get the hang of it.

Look One:

Incense in the crease, Volatile on lid, crease, and outer corner, Dazzling on 2/4 of inner lid, and Dazzling on center.


After the entire day passed, I came home and decided Dazzling should have been on the rest of the lid:



Wednesday:

Reds from the Maybelline Matte Bar and Modern Renaissance. Lid was Norvina Rose Gold. 




Thursday:

Basically the same combination of mattes, just less pink.  The lid was a combination of Looxi's Bohemian on the inner 2/4, and then Flamethrower, a copper-pink duochrome from LoveLuxeBeauty. 






Thoughts:

This week I definitely embraced the darker warm mattes, especially red. I really like how it brings out the green in my eyes. I think this weekend I am going to avoid wearing mascara because I did feel like my lashes were a bit more difficult this week.

That's all I have for now- thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig