Thursday, February 7, 2019

What's New in my Makeup World?

It's been a while, has it not? I feel like I was on such a blogging roll, but necessity dictated a little bit of a break. Still, I collected some talking points on the way that I do want to share with you:

1.) I've been super neutral lately. Not that there's anything wrong with that. One shade that really has inspired this spate of neutral looks is L'Oreal's Goldmine, a long-discontinued shade from their Infallible line that I feel, rivals the sheen and delicacy of higher-end brands. I repressed it into a pan, and this is what it looks like:



In terms of matte colors I have really been favoring, all of my looks this week have been featuring the shade Toasted from Clionadh cosmetics. Toasted is a good name for it, as it is quite brown and warm.

2.) After much deliberation, I bought the updated version of the Menagerie Cosmetics Feral Palette. For reference, this is what it looks like:




I have seen some really cute looks with this palette, so I am eager to try for myself. Some looks I think are especially inspirational are:





Autumn love Everyone is waiting for spring and I'm waiting for autumn. I like this alternative wings in the moment. 😅 I love the eyeshadow formula from @menageriecosmetics so much. I can't wait to try the liquid lipsticks. 👀 Eyes: @makeuprevolution Conceal & Define Concealer in C1 @makeupgeekcosmetics Vanilla Bean @menageriecosmetics Feral Palette: Night Eyes, Mariposa, Ivy and Pack Leader @catrice.cosmetics Glow Patrol Glowy Highlighter in C01 Muse @festivalface Winter Maple glitter @jeffreestarcosmetics Velour liquid lipstick in Yummy and Drug Lord @essence_cosmetics liquid ink eyeliner waterproof @colourpopcosmetics creme gel liner in Puppy @kosmetik4less Lenilash in Twinkle Eyebrows: @colourpopcosmetics Precision Brow Colour in Black'n Brown @essence_cosmetics Make me brow in 02 browny brows
A post shared by Nekki (@mrsracoona) on




3.) I also bought the new body mist from Sol de Janeiro in the scent Coco Cabana. It smells like marshmallows and I am here for it. I have been wearing it for three days in a row now.

4.) I have also been using the new mascara from L'Oreal, the Unlimited Mascara, in Brown Black. Though it is a bit gimmicky, I have to say I do like that I can control the angle of the brush, and I do like how it brushes through my lashes. I don't have an official review, but I do like the mascara so far.

5.) I have been watching the tutorials of Regina/Picturresque, and I quite like some of the techniques she uses. She tends to not apply anything directly to her face with an applicator- it's with the brush or fingers. I tried to do that today and will continue to do so.

6.) New Makeup Releases? I am not impressed by what little I have seen from the new Rebel Rose collection from Wet 'n Wild. The colors look boring to me, unfortunately. I also think the new palette Dominique Cosmetics is sneak-peaking is a face palette. We'll see if I'm proven correct.

Also, we're seeing a surge in pink highlighters- which of course I am all for. Melt is coming out with two, which I will probably steer away from as they run pretty high in price. Fenty is also coming out with one called Wattabrat, which I am also appreciating from afar for that same reason.

That's all I got for now! Looking forward to posting more soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig