Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Hard Candy Gitteratzi Eyeshadow Duo in Mercury Rising: Review and Swatches

This is a new release from Hard Candy, in the style of the new-ish Huda liquid eyeshadow duos. I found mine in Walmart for $7.00.

Each side contains a "glitter" and "chrome" finish, each containing 4.6 g of product.

Each side also has a slanted doe-foot applicator.

I selected the duo Mercury Rising, because I love pink-shifting duochromes with a neutral base.

Let's get into product pics, swatches, and an eye look!


In person, the colors look a bit different. The glitter side actually has a slight pink shifting coppery base, with cool-toned gold micro glitters. In the bottle, it almost looks like a bit of a green shift in certain lights, but that is not apparent on the eye.

The true stunner for me is the chrome side. The pink shift is actually quite strong and cool toned against a warm base. I really like it.



As with all products that have this type of pink pigment, the true intensity of the product can only be caught in certain lighting:



 To its credit, each side of the product sets quickly and did not budge when I rubbed it with my finger. It does remove easily with miscellar water and other cleansing products.

The chrome side is quite easy to build up, while the glitter side is pretty, but does not build up as nicely as the chrome side.

I do have sensitive eyes and I do tend to experience a light stinging sensation when I apply liquid eyeshadow products. I did experience that as well here, but I also experience it with the higher-end Stila liquid shadows. If you are like me and tend to experience a bit of stinging that quickly goes away, you can expect that with this product. For me it's not unbearable, and I will probably use the chrome side again, but I am not going to use the glitter side again.

Here is a look I did using eyeshadow primer. The mattes are from the Maybelline Matte Bar Palette.

The chrome side is on my lid and was fairly easy to work with. It spread evenly and did not clump up. To be on the safe side, though, I did apply it after I completed using the matte shadows.

The glitter is on my inner corner and on the inner part of my lid.



Like I said before, the chrome side is the real winner for me, and I don't really care about the glitter side. I will continue to use this product, even though I do caution people with sensitive eyes, due to the very short-term stinging I felt upon application.

Thanks so much for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig